So, is the 1/32 Tamiya P-51 ever going to be released in the US?

That sounds about right. They're priced at $145 here in Ottawa. The LHS owner is good to his former employees, so I was able to get some sliced off that.

I picked one up in Edmonton for $119.99. Hobby Wholesale had four in stock.

As a side note, if any of you still feel like you're getting ripped off - there is a certain hobby shop in Toronto that shall remain nameless, that had a small initial shipment for preorders, on which they offered a 15% discount... which sounds pretty good, except they hiked their price extra $30 over other shops (to $169) to more than cover that discount. How would you like to be one of the suckers that preordered there?

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaydeesan

There's plenty of it here :)

I've heard you guys don't get the Tamiya primers down there, but didn't think the cement would be a problem now...

There is a big to do going on with a couple of Japanese manufacturers (Gunze and Tamiya I have heard specifically mentioned) and it has to do with labeling on the cans/bottles of paint/primer etc. Basically, almost all that stuff comes into the US through Long Beach, CA and the wonderful state of CA decided the labels that Tamiya and others have been putting on their bottles didn't have enough "you'll get cancer if you use this" verbiage on it so they weren't being brought into the country until that is resolved, and hence basically the rest of the US until the issue was resolved. Supposedly Tamiya has gotten their labels approved and the issue is resolved. Things should start to show up in shops here in the next month or two and get back to normal soon.

How was the old ogre today? :)

Don't know who you mean. Today was the first time I've ever been in the shop. Only saw two young guys there and one appeared to be new.

I thought so too until I saw the shipping charge of $16.76

which made the total the same as TH using their $10 off cupon which basically nixes out their $9.99 shipping charge.....

I didn't get it in the mail, so I only paid a little over $117 due to sales tax. Of course, the money in gas and tolls I spent going down there........

I just did something very uncharacteristic - I cancelled my HLJ order. No idea why, but I suddenly decided I'm not hoggish about needing a 1/32 P-51 right now. Someday I'll get one I guess :)

Don't know who you mean. Today was the first time I've ever been in the shop. Only saw two young guys there

the owner can ve a real character some times, howmany did they have I stock? Might drop by saturday

I had one on order from HLJ but canceled it. Sprue Brothers had it last night, and now they're down from 144 units to 27; they will probably sell out today. I bought my Mustang from SB and threw in a Spitfire IX, which got me two unbelievable models and free shipping. Gotta like a 2-pack of Merlins!

Or is it just a treat for our Canadian brothers and select reviewers to gush over? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Mine arrived yesterday to Hobby Town Temecula. In my grubby paws by 1800 same day!!

I just did something very uncharacteristic - I cancelled my HLJ order. No idea why, but I suddenly decided I'm not hoggish about needing a 1/32 P-51 right now. Someday I'll get one I guess :)

I did the same thing after i saw that the shipping charge was half of the kits price! They can stick up the ole' California roll. The only reason i did the pre-order was 'cause i thought i would get it faster. Plus i want a photo etch set by Eduard before i would start a build, hint, hint.