I did a search because I remember some time back their was an issue with credit cards being charged after someone hacked into hannants or what not. I was wondering if anyone has bought anything from them recently and had any problems. Thanks in advance for the help...I am wanting to order a decal sheet but am nervous

Hi,

No worries so far. I bought for 80£ from them, 3 weeks ago, and used my debit card. I didnt have any suspicious transaction on my account (yet :) )

I am sure they kicked some a** when they had this issue with the credit cards - their own interest is to propose a secure payment system to their customers. The pb didnt come from Hannants but from the company in charge of the payments.

Edited by toniosky

for the 4000000000000000000th time it was not Hannants who were hacked.

Many people had their card details lifted who never shopped at Hannants, was a much more widespread problem. Just one of those things that a large number of people who frequent modelling websites had got models over the internet!

Julien

for the 4000000000000000000th time it was not Hannants who were hacked.

I have yet to see this confirmed by Hannants. Besides for the card owner it does not really matter who is to blame.

Modern Aircraft, you can also pay via PayPal if you trust them more than Hannants. Though, after all that happened, I am sure that Hannants are taking credit card security pretty seriously for a while.

I have yet to see this confirmed by Hannants. Besides for the card owner it does not really matter who is to blame.

Then you should read their newsletters; they kept everybody up to date with what was happening. As for the card owner not caring, well, he should, since that way he can find out who to trust, and Hannant's showed that they did their utmost to get through the trouble, and get back to business.

Edgar

I have used them several times since and I was on the receiving end of the scam also.

Hannants now offer PayPal which they didn't before. If PayPal gets hacked I think the whole world is in trouble...

Then you should read their newsletters; they kept everybody up to date with what was happening. As for the card owner not caring, well, he should, since that way he can find out who to trust, and Hannant's showed that they did their utmost to get through the trouble, and get back to business.

Their newsletter said they were confident no data was leaked when it was sent for authorization. I believe that but that does not exactly tell how the data was compromised, then. Maybe Hannants can't tell the truth. I don't know why you imagine someone would not care, my point was that if your data was leaked it was still leaked even if Hannants was not to blame. The process was insecure even if part of it was secure.

Thanks everyone for the replies...I did not want to start anything and I did not mean to point fingers at them I just wanted to know if anyone was still having issues or what not. Anyways about to place an order..thanks again

A clearing bank across the water was hacked by some gentlemen in Korea if I remember correctly. I personally know two people whose credit card details were compromised after non-model related transactions. Hannants behaved in an exemplary fashion, an example some other retailers would do well to imitate. They continue to have my business which has been completely secure and trouble free.

Steve