Wg Cmdr Bobby Gibbes RAAF 80 Wing Mk.VIII Spitfire

Where do you get this blu-tac white-tac stuff?

I've never used it but everyone talks about it.

Most general stores like Target, WalMart, I think even Home Depot has it. Usually sold as poster hanger-upper stuff (can't remember the actual term right now). I'd shoot for the white if you can find it though. Look in the office supply areas.

Edited by blunce

Thanks guys for the comments.

Blu-tac should also be available at what we in Oz call newsagents where you buy newspapers, cards, magazines etc. I find with Blu-tac if you remove it within five minutes of spraying your model it won't leave a residue mark and also allows the top coat to blend in with the base coat. When you use it often enough the oil in the blu-tac from your paint doesn't allow it to dry out so you can use it over and over again. Hope to get a gloss coat down later and decals tomorrow night.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Thanks guys,

No pics tonight but the exhausts are in and the mirror is fitted. Some other little bits and pieces are done. All that needs to be done now is the wash and weathering and finishing off. Should be done tonight with some luck.

Regards

Andrew :cop:

Thanks fellas. I really appreciate the comments. Neo, FYI the whole wing (#80) had these markings with the sharks mouth and the Grey Nurse (type of shark) and Ace of Spades on the tail. I believe Bobby Gibbes'and Clive Caldwell's Spitfires were the only one with the Ace inverted on the tail.

http://aussiemodeller.com.au/pages/Gallery/Aircraft/A57-672.html

Regards

Andrew