Mil Mi-8/17 theme - Armory conversions

lifeline, working on Mi-8MTV5 and Mi-171Sh already! "Duck" nose, back ramp and heater are ready already. Working on different kind of heater (square shape) and doors.

Finally!!! Good luck and please update us about it....

Edited by lifeline

Colleagues, need your advice.

One of freelance 3D-engineers I work with needs new project to work urgently. I'd like to give him next wheels set. How do You think, which aircraft (helicopter, airplane, etc) model is most preferable for new highly detailed resin wheels? I'd like to know your opinions.

Thanks in advance for all your wishes!

Colleagues, need your advice.

One of freelance 3D-engineers I work with needs new project to work urgently. I'd like to give him next wheels set. How do You think, which aircraft (helicopter, airplane, etc) model is most preferable for new highly detailed resin wheels? I'd like to know your opinions.

Thanks in advance for all your wishes!

Hmm, how about any of the Trumpeter or Hobby Boss or other manufacturer that use that stupid vinyl sets for the wheels. I understand why they do it since by doing it in vinyl they can produce the thread pattern but they still suck.

Edited by skyhawk174

Ken, nose section is already made vacuformed, so there is possibility to make windows in the nose of any shape. Heater will be of 2 versions - round and square. But back ramp is of 1st type You've shown...

skyhawk174, well, I know why You want ALL the wheels. :) I feel the same for sure! ALL and AT ONCE! :) But reality is different... :( We can make wheels one after the other in succession. So, which wheels are most preferable?

Hi

You want long term work for your designer ? change radicaly scale :

Do a 1/32 jeep, that will make lot of modelers happy.

then or before, do a 1/32 Kübelwagen for the WW2 german fans

and then an APA-5D in 1/32...just for me :D/>/>/>

Norbert

Ken, nose section is already made vacuformed, so there is possibility to make windows in the nose of any shape. Heater will be of 2 versions - round and square. But back ramp is of 1st type You've shown...

But the two noses are different shapes..........

Kazan-built Mi-8MTV5 has a more rounded nose, Ulan-Ude built Mi-8AMTSh is sharper, more 'beaky'....

difference_01.jpg

difference_02.jpg

The two machines are completely different - nose shape, ramp shape, heater shape - and different sliding doors as shown above.

.... just trying to help...... :thumbsup:

Ken

norbert, unfortunately I need short-term project for a week maximum. We have enough long term projects for now, they completely occupy our engineers' time. And - 1/32th scale, even for Jeep and Kubewagen, is too risky theme with needed big budget.

Well, next theme has chosen - detailed wheels for C-130 and C-123 in 1/72nd scale.

Ken, thanks a lot for detailed analysis! We plan to develop Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-171Sh first. Mi-8AMTSh isn't in our close term plans for today.

We plan to develop Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-171Sh first. Mi-8AMTSh isn't in our close term plans for today.

But Mi-171Sh is export version of Mi-8AMTSh - they are visually the same.

Mi-171Sh is visually different from Mi-8MTV-5.

The Mi-8MTV-5 and Mi-171Sh/Mi-8AMTSh have different noses, ramps, heaters and doors - as I have shown.

You can't make a Mi-171Sh with the conversion parts for a Mi-8MTV-5

Mi-171Sh....

day_04_06.jpg

Ken