Good hobby shops in Anaheim, CA?

Hi Everyone,

Just wanting to know if there are any decent hobby shops in or around Anaheim, Los Angeles as I am going there in a couple of months for a holiday. Hopefully ones that stock a decent amount of Eduard stuff and lots of aircraft kits. Thanks in advance.

- Gary

There's Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove (10-15 min. drive from Anaheim). This is the largest hobby shop in the area. They also have a large selection of kits, resin aftermarket, books, tools, paint & decals. Definitely worth a visit. Link

Military Hobbies in Orange (10 min. from Anaheim) Mostly kits, decals, tools and books. Not much resin. Link

Military Shop in Long Beach (20-25 min. from Anaheim) Not a big selection of kits, but most after market resin PE, paint tools and books. There is quite a collection of award winners on display there. No website unfortunately.

HTH?

:cheers:

There's Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove (10-15 min. drive from Anaheim). This is the largest hobby shop in the area. They also have a large selection of kits, resin aftermarket, books, tools, paint & decals. Definitely worth a visit. Link

Military Hobbies in Orange (10 min. from Anaheim) Mostly kits, decals, tools and books. Not much resin. Link

Military Shop in Long Beach (20-25 min. from Anaheim) Not a big selection of kits, but most after market resin PE, paint tools and books. There is quite a collection of award winners on display there. No website unfortunately.

HTH?

:cheers:

That helps heaps. Brrokhurst looks like the place to go from what I've found too so looks like the missus will have to find something else to do while I spend hundreds and hundreds buying kits and AM stuff from there. Looks like I might need to take an extra suitcase or two... :whistle:

the missus will have to find something else to do while I spend hundreds and hundreds buying kits and AM stuff from there.
She can always go to downtown Disney. It's free to get in and there are different types of shops and restaraunts including the Disney store. She can easily get lost in that store. They have tons of Disney merchandise to look at. ;)

Btw, there is a flight simulator in Anaheim that you might be interested in. Here's the link

Edited by Cyrus Tan

Coast Airbrush is close to Brookhurst, an interesting place if you need anything air or paint related.

Don't pass up the Military shop, it might be small but you could easily spend an hour in there.

Curt

Coast Airbrush is close to Brookhurst, an interesting place if you need anything air or paint related.

Don't pass up the Military shop, it might be small but you could easily spend an hour in there.

Curt

Thanks Netz, I had seen their website and I was definately going to pop in and have a look. That flight simulator looks freaking awesome, definately gonna have to try that... :woot.gif:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MAKE SURE you make the time to get to The Military Shop. IIRC, he's open 11AM to 6PM on Saturdays and Noon to 5PM on Sunday.

Actually, make sure you get to Brookhurst Hobbies and Military Hobbies, too. :)

I make it a point to try to get to The Military Shop each week. I probably get to Brookhurst once a month and Military Hobbies a couple/few times a year...

• 2 weeks later...