IPMS USA NATS 2013

I know the Nats are in Orlando in 2012, but what's the scoop on who's bidding for 2013. I understand there's one definite and one maybe, I'm going to Omaha but I can't wait two weeks for the results, I want to start planning now (need something to talk about on the drive down).

Ken :cheers:

Oooh..I hope it's in The Springs! I lived in the Denver/Boulder area for three years back in the early 80s, and I've been looking for an excuse to visit CO ever since moving back to Michigan.

SN

Because we are cool. And quite honestly a large number of Americans would find travel to Toronto easier then to say Omaha, or Salt Lake. Our beer tastes much better. We have hockey. And most important.........Its where I live.

Canada may have pancakes and maple syrup but here in Omaha we have Nebraska Football, Zoë’s pizza and don’t forget some of the best hamburger joints around. Far as traveling in Omaha it’s not that bad the streets are well marked and it is easy to get around in .

GO BIG RED

Because we are cool. And quite honestly a large number of Americans would find travel to Toronto easier then to say Omaha, or Salt Lake. Our beer tastes much better. We have hockey. And most important.........Its where I live.

I was in Toronto a few years back as part of a family trip to Niagara Falls (we decided to head north from NF just for the heck of it) and I can tell you it was one of THE nicest places I've ever visited. I almost made there again last year as we were in Niagara Falls again with other family members but couldn't make it. I've been looking for excuses to go back so a Nats there would be the perfect excuse. Would not care in the least bit if the USA IPMS Nats is held is Canada. It's a beautiful country and would love to visit more of it.

Rob

The second bid is Greenville, South Carolina. Im part of the group that put it together.

And yes, the other bid is Colorado Springs, CO.

A birdie told me the same thing, but I'm hoping Colorado Springs gets it. 2013 is suppose to be a west coast rotation anyways, but we'll have to wait and see? For now, I'm passing on Omaha this year in favor of Orlando next year. Never been to Florida before. B)

Well, the rotation cycle is kinda broken at the moment anyway.

This years show should be an east coast show, but its in the mid-west, and next years show should be a mid-west show but its on the east coast. So if we got the show in Greenville in '13, then IMO it doesn't really mean much as far as the rotation is concerned.

Obviously I really hope we land the bid b/c of the work, time & effort we put into it, but there are several factors that lead to the winning bid, so we'll just have to wait & see.

Im looking forward to Omaha too.

With next year in Orlando, it is way too far to drive from Vancouver, Canada, and I sure as @$%% won't risk airport security with my models!

It would be very unfortunate to have the 2013 Nats in South Carolina, as that would be two years in row in the southeast and both are too far for us in the west.

So my vote clearly goes to Colorado!

Warwick

Edited by wdw

You know, I'd be happy with either South Carolina or Colorado. I've never been to Colorado, and I am a southern belle so SC would be great. Good luck to both groups.

Mandie

plus my son is at Ft Bragg, so a chance to see him

The bid by CS was a surprise to us. All during the process of putting the bid together, there were no rumors or anything about any other groups putting in a bid, and for awhile there was apparently some concern that no group was going to put in a bid, so there was some contingencies if that were to have happened too.

Ditto what Ken said...

We'll pour out some cheese in a can and beef jerky for you on the front stoop...

I think you only do that for your dead homies.

does that mean you get to go this year?

I think you only do that for your dead homies.

does that mean you get to go this year?

Malt liquor is for the dead homies. Cheese in a can and beef jerky is for absent ones...

Yep - I'm going. Ken, Doc Tom, Janusz and myself are heading down.

Looking for anything in particular? Drop me an email and I'll have a look.

Was hoping to make Omaha this year but the death of my son has screwed up everything.

Looking forward to doing DisneyWorld next year and would love it to be in Colorado Springs in '13 (I live in Salt Lake which is actually pretty nice no matter what they think in Canada B) ). We have 3 active clubs in Utah and with the Hill Aerospace Museum, Ft Douglas and the Model Car Museum, there is lots to see. But CS is less than a day drive so all good.

Oh, and I would love to go back to Toronto some time (and Hamilton and the Falls) but you have to get a passport now which is a pain.

Edited by Philp