I was hoping I could get this kit out into the natural light this weekend for some glamer shots but things don't always go the way we want them to so I'm going to have to stick with the indoor shots.

[ IMG_0473.jpg

Thanks for looking.

REALY well done, Dirk -in any light.getsmileyCA01OWOH.gif

Awesome job by those who have finished their projects!

Doubt i'll get my 1/32 kit done by the deadline....only now gotten the fuselage together,not even bothered uploading the inprogress pics to my build thread in soooooo slow....LOL

I was hoping I could get this kit out into the natural light this weekend for some glamer shots but things don't always go the way we want them to so I'm going to have to stick with the indoor shots.

IMG_0465.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very nice work on this build! Awesome weathering! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

D'OH! Didn't know I was supposed to post my finished pix here. I posted them in my thread instead. If it's OK with you guys, I'm gonna double post. Here's my Mustang with WIF nose art. Enjoy!

DSC08235.jpg

DSC08232.jpg

DSC08231.jpg

DSC08241.jpg

DSC08243.jpg

DSC08238.jpg

DSC08239.jpg

Cheers,

-O

Edited by oortiz10

Calling it done! and with some hours to spare hehe

Dominican Air force P-15D Mustang 1918

Circa 1965 as Photographed during a live ordnance training exercise.

Tamiya Kit with resin seat (courtesy of Gonzalo), Roundels where masked and painted, numbers where printed on laser printer.

antenna housing was carved out of left over resin block.

Not my best work since I was rushing to finish it for the GB but still looks the part =D enjoy!

dsc4432.jpg

dsc4434w.jpg

dsc4440x.jpg

dsc01097v.jpg

dsc01115l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finito!

Serial: KH-716 (CV-P)

Type: P-51K Mustang Mk.IV

Based: 3 Squadron, RAAF, Fano Italy (July 1945)

Scheme: NMF with blue tail, white Southern Cross, Olice Drab anti-glare panel, red half spinner

History: KH-716 served with 3 Sqn from 10/12/44 coded CV-P and was flown by Sqn Ldr Murray Nash. Nash was flying (CV-P) with P.Off Bill Andrews (CV-A) on Boxing Day 1944 when Warrant Off. Jack Quinn was shot down and bacame the last 3 Sqn casualty to an enemy aircraft in WWII. Quinn bailed out, was captured 3 weeks later and spent the rest of the war as a POW.

Kit: 1/24 Airfix OOB with Nova Scale decals. Painted with Humbrol Metalcote 27002 straight on plastic with minor paints also painted with Humbrol.

Reference: Decal instructions and Spitfire, Mustang & Kittyhawk in Australian Service (Stewart Wilson)

DSC05728.jpg

DSC05729.jpg

DSC05730.jpg

DSC05731.jpg

DSC05732.jpg

DSC05733.jpg

DSC05734.jpg

DSC05735.jpg

I hope you like her

Regards

Andrew :cop:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1/32 scale DRAGON!!!!! kit. Not so bad..... Could not argue at the price. $ 8.00 at the recent show in Hamilton. With of course Leading Edge decals for 424 squadron once apon at time based in Hamilton.

DSC_0561-1.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

Edited by phantom

OMG @ 8$ i would get 5 of them !!!

looks good Shawn! what paint did you use ?

one thing is there something off about your landing gear i think the door goes lower on the wheels

Yep, it does. THere is a spring in the gear that seems to push the suckers lower. Paint was a base of model master chrome. Over top is Alclad Aluminum with Tamiya red wings. Yep three different kinds of paint!!!

As for getting more, well it was the end of the day at the Hamilton model show and I only had 8 dollars left! Lucky the seller went with it.

Edited by phantom

1/32 scale DRAGON!!!!! kit. Not so bad..... Could not argue at the price. $ 8.00 at the recent show in Hamilton. With of course Leading Edge decals for 424 squadron once apon at time based in Hamilton.

DSC_0564.jpg

Crazy, $8 for a 32 scale Mustang! Looks great

One comment, the ailerons need to be deflected in opposite directions since they are cable operated, minor thing.....

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of the completed build, hope you like it :)

Tamiya 1/48, P51-D, Tuskegee Airmen "Creamers Dream" Lt. Charles White, 301st FS, Italy 1945.

Shot down 2 fw190's.

Cheers, Pabbi.

d.jpg

b.jpg

f.jpg

c.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

Image13.jpg

e.jpg

i.jpg

Edited by pabbi

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING, Mustangs so far folks!!!!!

Since the models I build seem to revolve around paint schemes and graphics (and I'm a sign guy by trade), I am in awe of the talent shown here, ....completely blown away

:gr_hail: :gr_hail: :gr_hail:

I will probably be building up to the last day :woot.gif: ...hope to get some of my completed Mustangs photographed in a decent fashion and posted up here soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, so I figured I had better do this before I blow it and forget. So here it goes, a bit of a description, and a pair of pictures all in a couple of threads (since there is a photo limit), hope that does the trick. Build links are in my signature line. Thanks for the GB and all the support guys!!!!

#1. 1/32 Hasegawa. Modified canopy, wings and scoopectomy. Scratch built Reno Home Pylon, and all decals were printed by me.

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

#2. 1/24 Airfix. Scratch built canopy, turtle deck, wing tips, and some wheel well detail. Scoopectomy, drooped flaps and elevators, clipped and smoothed wings, and smoothed fuselage. And again I did the decals.

IMAG1222.jpg

IMAG1227.jpg

#4. 1/32 Tomy with motorized prop. Testors Aluminum Metalizer paint with Testors Gloss Black. My printed decals.

IMAG0511.jpg

IMAG0512.jpg

#6. 1/48 Monogram P-51B. OOB build, except the dorsal fin, gloss white paint and decals of my design. Fictional 1948 Cleveland air racer.

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0776.jpg

#7. 1/32 Revell P-51B. Insignia Blue, Red and White paint with plenty of clear. Some of the one off decals are of my design and printing. Lowered the flaps and elevators.

IMAG0915.jpg

IMAG0928.jpg