That Grey Cup looks like it was painted with Tamiya Bare Metal Silver rattle can to me... :monkeydance::whistle::rofl:

It's interesting to note that AFL players here in Aust have also made quite a bit of noise in recent years about their already ridiculously high salaries. Their average salary is in excess of AU $200K, while the top players easily earn AU $1mill and beyond. This is outside of product endorsements, etc.

Considering the much bigger market and interest in NFL, I can only imagine most of them are handsomely paid, not to mention product endorsements.

IMHO, highly paid professional athletes do not have any justification to demand salary increase. Sure, their career might come to a sudden halt due to injury, that's one of the reasons why they're being paid big bucks now. And it's up to them to invest that money wisely to cover themselves in case of injury. If job risk alone is used as a measure for one's salary, then by far the highest paid profession must be the armed forces!

Just my 2 cents....

NFL players striking over pay is exactly why I'll just stick to watching NCAA football

Uh....what planet have you been on the last 6 months?

A strike would indicate that the doors were open, but the players refused to go. But in this case, the owners locked the doors and barred the players from working.

Hence the term "LOCK OUT"

:doh:

And if you think NCAA football is "about the athlete", I got news for you.....they get paid too. They just don't advertise (unless you are an idiot from USC who says you get paid more than the pros in front of a camera)

Edited by PNW_Modeler

Every single Canadian knows about it. It's the number one sports event* in the country every year (both attended and on TV). Sounds like it's doing just fine for advertising.

*Annual event, meaning, things like the olympics aren't included.

Good thing you added that. Last years Gold medal game kind of won ALL time viewers.

Riderfan, you remember that ol' ad campaign for our game of Football? :D "We have BIGGER BALLS". :D That was friggin' hilarious.

But technically...it is inaccurate.

While the sizes of American and Canadian footballs are slightly different, the same ball can fall within the requirements of each.

National Football League football is specified as; short circumference: 20 3/4 to 21 3/4 inches (527 to 540 mm), long circumference: 27 3/4 to 28 1/8 inches (705 to 714 mm).

Canadian Football League football is specified as; short circumference: 20 7/8 to 21 1/8 inches (530 to 537 mm), long circumference: 27 3/4 to 28 1/4 inches (705 to 718 mm).

Some professional quarterbacks do notice the difference in size.[2]

Another difference between NFL and CFL balls is that Canadian balls have two 1 inch (25 mm) complete white stripes around the football 3 inches (76 mm) from the largest diameter of the ball and NFL balls have no stripes at all.

The correct terminology, would be we have "LONGER" balls as supposedly the NFL balls tolerances tend to be more FAT. But in most replicas, I've seen CFL balls that look quite fatter than NFL balls. So technically, we could say that the CFL has BIGGER BALLS...than the NFL. :P

Riderfan, you remember that ol' ad campaign for our game of Football? :D "We have BIGGER BALLS". :D That was friggin' hilarious.

But technically...it is inaccurate.

The correct terminology, would be we have "LONGER" balls as supposedly the NFL balls tolerances tend to be more FAT. But in most replicas, I've seen CFL balls that look quite fatter than NFL balls. So technically, we could say that the CFL has BIGGER BALLS...than the NFL. :P

What are you doing checking out balls, Gregg? :wierdo:

:rofl: :rofl:

Uh....what planet have you been on the last 6 months?

A strike would indicate that the doors were open, but the players refused to go. But in this case, the owners locked the doors and barred the players from working.

Hence the term "LOCK OUT"

:doh:

And if you think NCAA football is "about the athlete", I got news for you.....they get paid too. They just don't advertise (unless you are an idiot from USC who says you get paid more than the pros in front of a camera)

Shows how much I pay attention to the NFL. As for NCAA football, I'm well aware there are guys getting paid, but it definitely isn't something that would lead to a lockout for them, since they aren't supposed to be getting paid.

Shows how much I pay attention to the NFL. As for NCAA football, I'm well aware there are guys getting paid, but it definitely isn't something that would lead to a lockout for them, since they aren't supposed to be getting paid.

The only Football I recognize. :D

F1905P_500.jpg

Now if the Seahawks played with 3 downs and a wider field...I'd cheer them on...

Not to get off-topic here...but the CFL has suffered a blow tonight. Coach Richard Harris of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers died at practice today.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Blue+Bombers+coach+dies+practice/5162884/story.html

Coach Harris was the Defensive Line Coach for the BC Lions during 2001-2004. Our thoughts are with his family. RIP Coach.