I discovered the sport of NASCAR at Christmas in 1992, and it's been the most important thing in my life since then. In 2004, I finally felt that my skills were good enough to build NASCAR models, and since then I've completed 96 of them! 4 of the 5 times I've had models published have been NASCAR models, and it's kind of what I've become known for.

This is my most recent completion, from last month. Dale Earnhardt Jr's 2003 car.

2742003DaleEarnhardtJr-vi.jpg

Also completed last month, Ted Musgrave's 2001 Dodge Ram. My first NASCAR Dodge truck, my first NASCAR truck of any kind in 6 years. (3rd overall)

2732001TedMusgrave-vi.jpg

Bobby Hamilton's car from the 1996 Daytona 500. After the car was already painted I found out an uncle drove the show car!

100_8757-vi.jpg

This 1974 Soapy Castles Dodge has been one of my most popular models, even though construction is not of high quality. It was used in the 2010 Scale Auto Contest Annual, much to my surprise, because of the 11 models I brought to last year's NNL East, it's the least well-built!

100_6975-vi.jpg

This Chrome car is one of my favorites. The real car really was chrome, run twice in 2002, the last use of chrome on a car body before NASCAR decided to make it illegal for some unknown reason. I had the body plated by Chrome Tech USA.

2002TedMusgraveongraybackdrop-vi.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Kodak cars.

2009817-vi.jpg

This is my biggest project to date. It took 15 months to get it right. Converted from a street car to NASCAR spec. Fireball Roberts' 1963 Ford Galaxie.

2006July9th005-vi.jpg

Plenty more on my website!

• 1 month later...

Excellent builds, I still have my Polar Lights Charger , but the car doesn't look like a Charger at all, Polar Lights did the car a huge injustice it is a horrible shape for such a beautiful car. I built my NASCAR models with the old MPC NASCAR series, Richard Petty's 71 Roadrunner, Buddy Baker's 71 Charger and so on, they got the body shapes dead on way back when these kits were released, but the Roll cages were a different story, and yes I did pay out my butt for these kits on Evil bay. The polar lights Mercury and Talladega Torino are wrong also, the nose of the car should be sloped lower and the rear windshield should be flush with the body.

Edited by 71roadrunner426
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...