New Grey Ghosts from Impact Decals

FINALLY!!!! We (Impact Decals) have a new sheet going to print. This is the first of three sheets that covers the Grey Ghosts of VMA(aw)531 & VMFA-531. We gave the Skyknight & Skyray some love along with 3 F-4B's and 2 N's.

48-006cover.jpg

48-006A.jpg

48-S01lastfinal.jpg

Thanks for lookin,

Kevin

Edited by av8iimech
by the way, it's "Grey Ghosts", not "Gray Ghosts".

LOL, better call the printers before they start and it's too late.

It is Grey, it's very often spelt incorrectly as it happens.

Edited by loki

I'll buy one. Is it going to come out in 1/72? That's what I really want.

by the way, it's "Grey Ghosts", not "Gray Ghosts".

Just 1/48 for now and we'll get the "Grey" corrected.

Thanks again for your help Dave

Kevin

It is now and that looks awesome. Are you seriously going to consider 72 scale? I do both but there are just more F-4B kits available in 72 scale. I think the only 1/48 F-4B is the Hasegawa kit.

Edited by Spectre711

This is another certain addition to my stash! Academy seriously need to fast-track their new tool Phantom kit. What with Vagabond, Double Ugly and now Impact coming out with fantastic new F-4 markings, there must be a pent-up demand for an up-to-date F-4B to put them on. A mainstream F3D would also be rather nice...

1477 looks exactly like the tail of the Royal Navy 892 Sqn FG.1.

Now you're going to tell me that this is because the RN took over old F-4's from the USN/Marines? I didn't know that......

1477 looks exactly like the tail of the Royal Navy 892 Sqn FG.1.

Now you're going to tell me that this is because the RN took over old F-4's from the USN/Marines? I didn't know that......

I think the story behind that one is that the squadron was doing some sort of exercise in the Med, along with the RN. One of these Phantoms landed on the Ark Royal (or whichever RN carrier it was), but couldn't get back in the air again for some reason. The RN carrier was scheduled to go to port at Malta, which wasn't on very good terms with the US at the time. So they painted the tail in RN colors, and parked it between the RN Phantoms so it wouldn't draw too much attention.

For the record the name of the Squadron was "Grey Ghosts" the correct spelling of Gray is Both. Gray is the color and Grey is a variation of the color Gray. According the Webster's dictionary. So both spellings are correct.

Shadow :thumbsup:

For the record the name of the Squadron was "Grey Ghosts" the correct spelling of Gray is Both. Gray is the color and Grey is a variation of the color Gray. According the Webster's dictionary. So both spellings are correct.

Shadow :thumbsup:

True but the "Grey" in "Grey Ghost" is part of a name, not a color description so only "Grey" is correct. That's the way it's been spelled since 1942 when the squadron was established. It's like saying Clark and Clerk are just different spellings of the same word so "Bob Clark" is the same as "Bob Clerk".

True but the "Grey" in "Grey Ghost" is part of a name, not a color description so only "Grey" is correct. That's the way it's been spelled since 1942 when the squadron was established. It's like saying Clark and Clerk are just different spellings of the same word so "Bob Clark" is the same as "Bob Clerk".

....but shouldn't that be "Colour"......I don't know, you give a country it's independence and they go and start mis-spelling everything.....

....I'll get my coat.......

....but shouldn't that be "Colour"......I don't know, you give a country it's independence and they go and start mis-spelling everything.....

I'll let the "misspelling" comment go on by but I'll have to take umbrage at the "giving of independance", we took it fair and square! :)

I'd buy a set but they probably don't take cheques...

I wish you did the other F4's that flew off the Forrestal for that Med Cruise. I'll definitely buy the sheet.

It will be on a future release. Keep in mind, this is a work-in-progress and numerous changes still need to be made....what you see is NOT the finished product.

48-008v3cover.jpg