New EA-6B decals in 1/72!!!

I'd never heard of Authentic Decals until now, a quick search shows them affiliated with Olimp Models, whom I've heard of in name only.

Anyone have any comments as to their quality?

I'm not a 1/72 guy but I'd like to see someone succeed in doing sheets for the modelers that like this scale.

Ken

I've got a couple of their other sheets in 72nd, although I haven't used any of them yet. They look very nice, I can't comment on the accuracy though. Vagabond stocks them too.

-Dave

I've got their sheet for the VFA-111 F-5 aggressors, but haven't tried it yet. Whenever I get around to using one of their sheets though, I plan to run a few tests on some minor decals from the sheet I'm not planning to use, as I swear I've read somewhere (maybe this very forum) that somebody had problems with their decals in that they were kind of rigid and wouldn't adhere very well as far as getting a setting agent to settle them down. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm recalling at the moment.

I've got a couple of their other sheets in 72nd, although I haven't used any of them yet. They look very nice, I can't comment on the accuracy though. Vagabond stocks them too.

-Dave

I've got their sheet for the VFA-111 F-5 aggressors, but haven't tried it yet. Whenever I get around to using one of their sheets though, I plan to run a few tests on some minor decals from the sheet I'm not planning to use, as I swear I've read somewhere (maybe this very forum) that somebody had problems with their decals in that they were kind of rigid and wouldn't adhere very well as far as getting a setting agent to settle them down. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm recalling at the moment.

Yup, we carry their line, and I've done some small tests with them. They tend to be a little more sensitive to the glossiness of the underlying surface than Microscale or Cartograph - printed decals. Waaaay better than the old Monogram decals, though. I haven't experienced problems with them responding to Micro Sol or Set.

Somebody actually released something for the 1/72nd guys!!

I assume you've heard of Wolfpak? ICAP 3 Prowler In the time since he started his company Mark has released just short of fifty 1/72 decal sheets, and covered subjects (C-141, KC-10, Vietnam etc...) that nobody else is getting near.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

You're not wrong JC.... that was me that had a ton of problems with their VFC-111 sheet. Many of the decals silvered badly on me (yes, the model was very well gloss coated) and others broke apart. Maybe I just got a bad sheet? The other time I used them on a 72nd SU-25 they I didn't have these problems, but they didn't want to lay down too well. They're putting out some very cool stuff, especially in 72nd scale which has largely been ignored of late, but I for one am leery of buying anymore fo their sheets. Fred K.

Oh yes, I have many of his sheets. Wolfpak seems to be the exception to the rule, for which I am very grateful!

Same here, I have quite a few of his sheets. Good to hear that you're supporting a company that deals primarily in 1/72 scale. Unfortunately there aren't many of them out there.

Regards,

Murph

Waaaay better than the old Monogram decals, though. I haven't experienced problems with them responding to Micro Sol or Set.

Good to hear.

.... that was me that had a ton of problems with their VFC-111 sheet. Many of the decals silvered badly on me (yes, the model was very well gloss coated) and others broke apart. Maybe I just got a bad sheet? The other time I used them on a 72nd SU-25 they I didn't have these problems, but they didn't want to lay down too well.

Glad to hear I wasn't just seeing things either... :OMG-OMG: :lol:

Hi, guys!

I am very grateful to you for such big interest to our production!

Really, at a certain stage of our development in us there were complexities with printing house in which we print the circulations...

However I can safely declare, that decal for Prowler is perfectly combined with Micro Sol or Set.

And this decal NOT "silvered badly". )

If you have difficulties, you can write to me and we will understand with it.

Or place a photo directly here, at a forum and we will discuss it publicly.

I think, that it will be useful for all!

Yours faithfully, Oleg Degtyar

Olimp Models Group/Authentic Decals

Odessa, Ukraine

Hi, guys!

I am very grateful to you for such big interest to our production!

Really, at a certain stage of our development in us there were complexities with printing house in which we print the circulations...

However I can safely declare, that decal for Prowler is perfectly combined with Micro Sol or Set.

And this decal NOT "silvered badly". )

If you have difficulties, you can write to me and we will understand with it.

Or place a photo directly here, at a forum and we will discuss it publicly.

I think, that it will be useful for all!

Yours faithfully, Oleg Degtyar

Olimp Models Group/Authentic Decals

Odessa, Ukraine

Well actually... they did silver badly on me. I'm not just making it up. I hope it was s fluke becuase you've done some really great subjects, especially in 72nd scale which gets mostly ignored these days. Regards, Fred.

• 2 months later...