Anyone remember this toy?

YUP!!!!!...I had something similar to that, mine didn't have the IP and yoke it just had a fighter style stick and a bracket you attached to a door...when just landing on the airstrip got boring I'd "kamikaze" playing card buildings :thumbsup:

Dave :wave:

No,I never had any of them... But I am sure that I would have had a great time with some of them....especially the aircraft toy... :thumbsup:

...And how lovely that kids were able to play with such toys without some health and safety guy saying it was dangerous !

I had that one myself ...

I also had a variant of it where it was an Navy F-4 Phantom and it would launch from a hard styrofoam USS Enterprise ... The F-4 would launch and then "fly" out on the string and then swing around and return for landing ... The F-4 even had VF-102 Diamondbacks markings ..

Gregg

• 1 month later...

Gents:

I had one similar in about '55 or '56. I was a "replica" (I use the term loosely) of a Sikorsky H-19 in some civilian guise that was attached to some sort of cable and you had a separate hand crank type item that moved the heli's rotors. The thing actually flew!!!!! It was on x-mas morning and I absolutely loved the thing. Only worked for about 4-5 hrs. Turns out my dad and his brother (WW2 vets) had a few "cocktails" on x-mas eve and played the thing to death. Marks on the wall paper and items of furniture showed the value of proper protective gear. But.............no one lost an eye!

A fond memory

Alvin5182

Never had em when I was a kid. But we wanted it. So the best we did was a few plastic models and we glued cut straws ontop the aircraft. Used fishing line and found some very interesting heights and landing areas. Some times we would climb the house, mom n dad were none the wiser...lol.