1/48 Fuji AH-64D

Good evening to all. I've just finished Hasegawa's JGSDF Apache; basically the base AH-64D kit with new sprue containing stingers and their hardpoints and a new panoramic sight. It is quite an impressive kit with rised subtle riveting and well engineered cockpit and rotors detail with everything in the box to build it OOB yet accurate. The only aftermarket used was Eduard's PE set, also there was a small wire added going from gun turret to the breach. I painted it with Gunze MR. Color shades as dictated by instructions after verifying shades with photos of the real choppers. Light wash was added to panels and hatches only so as not to over exaggerate rivet appearance, light fading was also added to main rotor blades via Tamiya Buff.

DSCI1595.JPG

DSCI1596.JPG

DSCI1597.JPG

DSCI1599.JPG

DSCI1600.JPG

DSCI1601.JPG

DSCI1594.JPG

DSCI1602.JPG

DSCI1604.JPG

DSCI1603.JPG

Very nice Apache!

The following criticism is not regarding your build in the least, but is criticism of Hasegawa for including incorrect items in what is otherwise an awesome kit.

I don't know why Hasegawa insists on having the builder include the circuit breaker panel in the D model cockpit. That panel in the rear seat along the top left? That doesn't exist in the AH-64D. The circuit breaker panels have been moved to behind the pilot's seat. That, and those oddball decals on the rotor blade roots. Those are not stripes, but actually data plates that they saw while the rotor was spinning and assumed were stripes.

IMG_0088.jpg

Again, great build!

Jon

Very nice Apache!

The following criticism is not regarding your build in the least, but is criticism of Hasegawa for including incorrect items in what is otherwise an awesome kit.

I don't know why Hasegawa insists on having the builder include the circuit breaker panel in the D model cockpit. That panel in the rear seat along the top left? That doesn't exist in the AH-64D. The circuit breaker panels have been moved to behind the pilot's seat. That, and those oddball decals on the rotor blade roots. Those are not stripes, but actually data plates that they saw while the rotor was spinning and assumed were stripes.

IMG_0088.jpg

Again, great build!

Jon

Hah, thank you for your input, Cobrahistorian. Constructive criticism is always welcome by me. I had no idea about that CB panel removed, I guess they just copy pasted the instructions from the A Apache kit, I got to try and remove it then, likely it's held by a MS Krystal Klear and not CA adhesive. I've viewed a bunch of photos on Airliners but all of them show the bird with rotors turning so it's hard to see what's the blades. Are there any pictures of those panels on still rotors? I would like to rework them too.

NVM, I realized what I'm looking at the attchment

Edited by K-5

Awesome build! :worship: Can't see enough of the Japanese Apaches!

<...>

I don't know why Hasegawa insists on having the builder include the circuit breaker panel in the D model cockpit. That panel in the rear seat along the top left? That doesn't exist in the AH-64D. The circuit breaker panels have been moved to behind the pilot's seat. <...>

Interesting piece of info. I actually noted it down twice on post-it notes and added these to my two Ah-64D kits because I'm sure I'll have forgotten about it by the time I'll actually build them. :lol:

There really should be a kind of database with little things like these. Like, for example, Hasegawa telling you to use the wrong launchers for AIM-120s in their 1/72 Super Hornets, when the kits actually have the proper kind.