Hi everyone, this is my second model in the forum, not English, so I will not write much, just say that in this model have not been used or resins or photo-etch.

dscf2979o.jpg

dscf2981z.jpg

dscf2987u.jpg

dscf2990j.jpg

dscf2991.jpg

dscf2995.jpg

dscf2939b.jpg

dscf2998c.jpg

Greetings.

Juanjo.

Edited by Juanjo

Amazing weathering.

Tomcat question for everyone not a critique...

Could they carry Phoenixes on the wing pylons? I have never seen them anywhere but the center. Just curious.

Yes, they could. There is a famous "advertising" picture of a Tomcat packed with 6 Phoenix. 4 under the belly and 1 one each wing pylon.

Oh and the model looks fine indeed. :)

I like the LGB load without Lantirn pod. :thumbsup:

Edited by Platypus

Every new Navy 'working' jet comes up here, the finish is better than the last -if I can get mine to look a tenth as good as this I'll be happy. (Actually, if I can just get it finished I'll be numb...)

Many thanks for sharing this with us; truly inspirational.

Every new Navy 'working' jet comes up here, the finish is better than the last -if I can get mine to look a tenth as good as this I'll be happy. (Actually, if I can just get it finished I'll be numb...)

Many thanks for sharing this with us; truly inspirational.

I'm with ya there.

Great work on the Tomcat. Looks great!!!

Welcome Aboard ARC ... :post1:

Beautiful Tomcat ... Great Choice of Squadron and excellent weathering ... :thumbsup2:

RAGE ON !

Yes, they could. There is a famous "advertising" picture of a Tomcat packed with 6 Phoenix. 4 under the belly and 1 one each wing pylon.

Oh and the model looks fine indeed. :)

I like the LGB load without Lantirn pod. :thumbsup:

I believe VF-24 went away before LANTIRN came on line ...

Ground Pounding Tomcats had to rely on other sources for lasing before then ...

Gregg

I believe VF-24 went away before LANTIRN came on line ...

Yes they did, that's why I like to see that loadout.

Most of the "bombcats" (don't like this word) you see on shows or modeling boards are the ones with a LANTIRN. :)

Thanks for the welcome. To me it's one of my best work, but not my scale, I usually work in 1 / 48, and of course I like most is 1 / 32, this I did to take my stres in a more or less rapid I usually work very slowly

Amazing weathering.

Tomcat question for everyone not a critique...

Could they carry Phoenixes on the wing pylons? I have never seen them anywhere but the center. Just curious.

Answer (as in above replies) is "yes" - however 6x AIM-54 loadout is almost certainly too heavy a load to trap back onboard the boat (Wiki quotes each at > 1000lbs). Therefore apart from publicity stunts you'd never see one flying in that configuration. (I stand by to be corrected of course)

wiki link shows the picture of 6x AIM-54 - but check out the picture of the a-3 skywarrior test firing a phoenix! now that would be an interesting modeling project

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/AIM-54A_first_test_A-3A_NAN11-66.jpg

Edited by FIGHTS ON

Answer (as in above replies) is "yes" - however 6x AIM-54 loadout is almost certainly too heavy a load to trap back onboard the boat (Wiki quotes each at > 1000lbs). Therefore apart from publicity stunts you'd never see one flying in that configuration. (I stand by to be corrected of course)

wiki link shows the picture of 6x AIM-54 - but check out the picture of the a-3 skywarrior test firing a phoenix! now that would be an interesting modeling project

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/AIM-54A_first_test_A-3A_NAN11-66.jpg

Note that the nose of that A-3 is actually the F-111B nose grafted on so it must have the AWG-9 system installed ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost