Trumpeter 1/72 Chinese `Flanker' J-11

Looking at the scale of the static dischargers on the trailing edges, separate control surfaces, and the detail inside the wing fold, I think it's 1/32. They already corrected the nose and intakes on the Su-27, hope they get the canopy right this time.

Edited by Inquisitor

Just saw this j-15 photo in a Chinese site, by a trumpy staff ~~

1704021zwmc1lawyjzhtm3.jpg

I read somewhere that the pitot folds? Is that what I see on the photos or did someone at Trumpeter broke it and thought that's the right angle for the pitot and glued it in that position?

I read somewhere that the pitot folds? Is that what I see on the photos or did someone at Trumpeter broke it and thought that's the right angle for the pitot and glued it in that position?

You are correct - the nose pitot does fold - downwards, exactly as in that photos.

As well as the wings and tailplanes, the end of the tailboom also folds upwards to save space on deck.

One little known fact about the Su-33 is that it actually takes up less deck space than the original rival MiG-29K.

Ken

PS - I for one hope it is 1:72 scale - but I worry that it isn't..... :crying2:

Forgot to say the J-15 is a 1/72 kit.

1/72!! :jaw-dropping: have got to say that is the most detailed flanker I have ever seen in 1/72 !!

Even though it is a pic of a prototype or WIP, I do hope they improve the canopy. Still very glad to see this, good work Trumpy :banana: .

And thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fine ... but so far no new or additional photos of the standard J-11B ?!!

Any news on that kit from the Tokio modelling show ??

Deino

Happy? ;)

ihe11_30.jpg

And to add to the list of odd-things-i-see-on-the-test-shots: Why are the wheelbays angled? :doh:

Edited by Berkut

Happy? ;)

And to add to the list of odd-things-i-see-on-the-test-shots: Why are the wheelbays angled? :doh:

Hmmm ... at first sight YES :woot.gif: ... but I agree with You in regard to the wheelbays. Otherwise aren't they are the same as on the 32-scale kit ?!!

Picture_4776.jpg

Hi Berkut.

My first thought was "Oh dear, Trumpeter screwed up something again". Then I looked at drawings available in airwar.ru... and I didn't find any drawing that suggests if the wheel bay should be angled or not. Apparently most of the wheel bay is hidden by the intake so if there's a "problem", it may not be glaring at all. And the wheel bay door also partially hides the wheel bay. I'm hardly a Flanker expert though.

Laurent

Hi Berkut.

My first thought was "Oh dear, Trumpeter screwed up something again". Then I looked at drawings available in airwar.ru... and I didn't find any drawing that suggests if the wheel bay should be angled or not. Apparently most of the wheel bay is hidden by the intake so if there's a "problem", it may not be glaring at all. And the wheel bay door also partially hides the wheel bay. I'm hardly a Flanker expert though.

Laurent

fear not everyone. after awhile searching for wheel well pics of the flanker this is the closest shot I found to see the angled wells. it appears trumpeter got something right finally lol. www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Sukhoi-Su-27-(Su-27S)/1901333/&sid=73fe5f5a858553aa20f9eed9b48d2c25

Just noticed !! THANKs ... and even if the panels seem to be a bit soft IMO they look very nice !

Now it's up to "Flankerman" to tell us what he thinks.

Deino

From what I can see, it looks promising. :thumbsup:

The wingtip launch rails and instrument panels look to be J-11B specific - so would need changing for a Su-27 proper.

I've been trying to build Flankers for over 25 years - and each time a new kit was announced I would get all excited with anticipation.

Then the kit would appear - and all my hopes would be dashed as yet another inaccurate Flanker would join the ranks of all the others. :crying2:

I'm now old and very cynical - so until I can touch it with my hot little hands, I'm going to remain calm and detached... :rolleyes:

(actually I still get a bit excited, but I go and lie down in a darkened room until the feeling wears off).

Ken

Hmmm ... at first sight YES :woot.gif: ... but I agree with You in regard to the wheelbays. Otherwise aren't they are the same as on the 32-scale kit ?!!

Picture_4776.jpg

Well, that explains reason they got it wrong on 1/72 kit, but does not explain why they did not get it right on 1/32... Never noticed that on the big bird, thanks for pointing out.

Hi Berkut.

Laurent

;)

2005081916512146495.jpg

wheelbaysflanker.jpg

Should be sufficient to prove there is no angle.

guys, if you want, can find more details for this kit from below website:

http://www.scalesky.com/review/model-kit/098-trumpeter-1-72-chinese-j-11b.html

this kit will be released at end of Oct or early Nov.

Thank you for the link. :thumbsup:

fear not everyone. after awhile searching for wheel well pics of the flanker this is the closest shot I found to see the angled wells. it appears trumpeter got something right finally lol. www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Sukhoi-Su-27-(Su-27S)/1901333/&sid=73fe5f5a858553aa20f9eed9b48d2c25

No they did not, and your link doesn't work.