Well look like this one really wants to fight

After removing the cling wrap and the tape some of the decals broke.... looks like my 2 future coats didnt qui jight enouph on this side :deadhorse1:

p1030202z.jpg

I tried to fix it by re setting the part on the tape and got 70% of it back onto the plane.(the "D" is fixed)

Ive got a couple of options.

1- take another "Z" from the decal sheet and apply over this one

2- that the top bar of the "Z" for the decal sheet and apply over this one

3 Try to remove the top bar from the one on the tail and replace it with the one from the decals sheet(the problem is that i reapplied future so it would not get worst)

Let me know what you think

Neo

Edited by Neo

Well i went with option #2

and the result :

p1030220fb.jpg

I also did a wah on the underside. This started as a pastel panel wash and ended up in a full wash as i was enjoying the result as i went along.

This is my first weathering job and im pretty satisfied. Note the darker spot are touch up waiting to dry and wipe down. After looking at the pic i noticed that i forget the front gear well so i added some and its drying as we speak

p1030218y.jpg

Also the dumb thing of the day : I removed all the canopy masking and installed it. Now i want to say a satin coat once the weathering is done ..... satin and clear part dont give great results... ill have to think f something

More to come soon

Cheers

Neo

Hey Neo,

Prob. a good thing you got an airbrush to do those missiles with. That orange don't look very brush friendly! Loooking good though! Still can't believe you did that with a brush!

One thing I noticed, maybe I read wrong ?, but decals are supposed to wrinkle when you apply Micro Sol, then they suck back down tight. In fact, that was the problem I had with my Scorpion, it was the first time I ever had decals not wrinkle up and settle down. The Sol didn't do a damn thing to those wonderful Academy decals!

Brian

Blunce, Academy decals really (well, you know!) The best description of Academy decals came from a great modeller from Massachusetts. I won't say his name, but his initials are Ken Middleton. I absolutely agree with Ken when he said Academy decals are like putting waxed paper onto a model. I want to do a B-17F in Memphis Belle markings. I bought the Academy 1/72 scale kit(2188) of the "Belle." I know that the kit has its issues, but it's not being done for a purist. I experimented with a couple of decals from this kit sheet that wouldn't be needed for the Memphis Belle. Neither the Micro Set / Sol system nor Solvaset had any effect on the decals. I broke out the nastiest stuff I have, Champ Decal Set. I know of nothing stronger, other than maybe gasoline, nitroglycerin, etc. Champ usually melts normal decals into a ball of gummy gunk. It had absolutely no effect on the Academy decals, whatsoever. Case Closed.

Good point but this is not a academy kit.. its a Pro-Modelers and decals are made by Cartograph..

On another subject im begining to wonder if i over did the weathering :hmmm:

Thanks for all your motivating comments

Well for since i was not satisfied with the pastel chak wash on the underside i decided to go with a oil wash on the top for the panel line. Again this is a first time and it came out ok

I applied some liqud mask over the canopy and shot a satin coat.. yeah im starting to take advantage of the new Air brush...

p1030226t.jpg

p1030224g.jpg

Shes really becoming a nice McDonnell as "Im loving it" twitterIcon_reasonably_small.jpg

LoL

more soon

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

OK photos are DONE oh and so is the plane...

dscn1943a.jpg

Now remember i told you guys i was doing something special as a surprise... well now you can see it

dscn1944tl.jpg

Oh Yeah its a drag chute!

p1030252y.jpg

dscn1992m.jpg

So since i totally destroyed my sparrows with brake cleaner i decided who need them when you've got a Gun Pod!

dscn1963dj.jpg

p1030258xr.jpg

And for the cheery on the build a fellow modeler from ScaleModelAddict (and new member here) TRM hocked me up with some sick details for scale signs and magazine to had a little custom and humor to this bird

dscn1982.jpg

dscn1949rp.jpg

These are not the best pictures ive taken in my modeling years but the best i can do for now!!

So hum do i get 2 raffle tickets since my build has 2 shark mouths??!! :whistle:

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Hiya Neo!!!

First time I'm posting here, and rightfully so! I was lurking and had to come over and see.... Outstanding build my friend!! I love the chute, nice touch!! Everything look sharp! Big pat on the back for your "I'm with stupid" idea...you nailed it!! Well Done!! :woo:

Had a laugh at the "I'm with stupid" sign, but not able to make out the...uh...."flight plan" on the glare panel there. Looks to be some eye candy.

Thanks Blunce. But i dont know what your talking about... eye candy on the glare panel... i would never dare.. :wasntme::sarcasm_on: lol

So you went back and repainted the whole thing after you got your airbrush? No way that's brush painted!

lol

A stunner.

LOL thanks Ham

im way too lazy to have repainted the hole thing!! Besides i dont build fast enough!!

• 3 weeks later...