New Antarctic helo decals now available

Hi Folks,

Just thought some of you might be interested in my new Antarctic Helicopter decals. The sheets feature helicopters from different countries and time frames with the common theme that they have each been used to support scientific research and exploration of the Antarctic continent.

Max7222 is a 1/72 scale sheet featuring the following subjects:

Sikorsky S-55 Grupo Aeronaval Antartico

Argentine Navy 1968.

Sikorsky H04S-3 from the icebreaker

USS Glacier 1956.

Sikorsky HUS-1L “Kingpin II , VX-6 1957.

Sikorsky LH-34 operated by VX-6 in 1965.

Bell 212 Uruguayan Air Force, c.mid 1990’s.

AS332B Super Puma, Argentine Army c. Mid 1990’s.

Bell UH-1D US Army, 1969.

Bell 412, Chilean Air Force, 2009

Bell UH-1D US Navy VX-6, 1970.

CH-101 on board Japanese icebreaker Shirase in 2010.

Bo-105c Uruguayan Navy

Max4822 is a 1/48 scale sheet with the following subjects:

Bell UH-1B US Army, 2 schemes 1962-63.

Bo-105c Uruguayan Navy

Bell 47 Chilean Navy c. 1957.

Alouette II, Belgian Antarctic Expedition c. 1965

Bell 212 Uruguayan Air Force, c.mid 1990’s.

Alouette II, French Antarctic Territories mid 1960’s.

Bell UH-1D US Army, 1969.

Bell UH-1D US Navy VX-6, 1970.

You can view both the decals and the instruction sheets at

http://www.maxdecals.com

http://www.maxdecals.com/webpages/max7222.html

http://www.maxdecals.com/webpages/max4822.html

Best regards,

Joe

Joe,

Wow, that looks like a great set. It looks like the 1/72 sheet has the two US UH-1B's as well. Is that correct? If so, I'm definitely in for a set.

Thanks,

Ray

Hi Ray,

Yes, that's correct. One US Army UH-1B in the overall orange with white section on the tailboom and the other is a UH-1B with gloss olive green and dayglo orange trim. There was also a variation on the first scheme with the white section on the top of the tail boom replaced with black but it's not on this sheet.

regards,

Joe

1:32 / 1:35 ??? Have a Academy huey here that would look just too cool in one of these schemes, great to see the Herc decals I watched them fly over here in early spring from their CHCH base.

Hi Andrew,

No 1:32/1:35 planned at this stage but if the kits are available and there is enough demand I'll never say never. I'd love to see a good LH-34 Seabat/choctaw in 1/48 as the revell one really isn't widely available.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Another great looking well researched sheet. I'll be taking 2/3 of them. So what are you looking to do next?

I'd love to see decals to make the Chilean Navy Dauphin.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Ex Irish Air Corps, Chilean Navy dauphins will appear on a forthcoming decal sheet.

Regards,

Joe

I ordered a 1/72 sheet late last week and it arrived yesterday. The instruction sheet is almost worth the price of admission alone! The drawings of each aircraft are really nice and well detailed. The location for each decal is clearly marked on each drawing. The decals themselves appear to be nice and thin and are in perfect register. All unique markings for each option are included including "Danger" and "Rescue" markings. The detail on each of the unique badges for each scheme is printed very sharply.

The only problem with this sheet is deciding which helicopter to build first. The UH-1B in Orange and White is certainly crying out to be built. And remember, this is only Part I of a two-sheet series on Arctic-Antarctic Helicopters, so there are even more great schemes to look forward to. Thanks.

LD.

Nice to know they arrived so fast. I ordered a sheet a few days ago but it wasn't in the mail today and I'm headed out of town for a few days so I won't get to see it until next week. :crying2:

I got a bit inspired by the sheet and am trying to get some interest in an Arctic / Antarctic GB going if anyone is interested, please drop in and say so. :wave:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=235425

Nice to know they arrived so fast. I ordered a sheet a few days ago but it wasn't in the mail today and I'm headed out of town for a few days so I won't get to see it until next week. :crying2:

To be fair you know it has to cross the pond and then travel to the west coast right????

To be fair you know it has to cross the pond and then travel to the west coast right????

Oh, yeah, when I ordered I expected a couple weeks minimum. I see Loach Driver may actually be in Ireland, I thought he was in the US so got excited that shipping might be so fast that they were getting to the US in just a few days.

Oh, yeah, when I ordered I expected a couple weeks minimum. I see Loach Driver may actually be in Ireland, I thought he was in the US so got excited that shipping might be so fast that they were getting to the US in just a few days.

Aaron,

Mine just landed and it only took a week. It is well worth the wait. Now I just to need to get an S-55 and CH-146 kits...again.

Hi John,

Ex Irish Air Corps, Chilean Navy dauphins will appear on a forthcoming decal sheet.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Decals arrived today. They look great! I'm looking forward to starting the Chilean Bell 412 and great to hear your doing the Chilean Dauphin!

All the best

John.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Just a quick note to thank all who have purchased the decals so far. Many of you have asked me to reproduce the LH-34 and H-19 decals in 1/48 scale. I left them off the 1/48 sheet for space considerations but I will scale them up to 1/48 if their is sufficient demand.

Regards,

Joe

• 1 year later...