1/48 French Weapon Set by Skunkmodel Workshop

Just found this over on Flugzeugforum, where user -dako- posted it.

French Weapon Set I in 1/48 by Skunkmodel Workshop - CLICK

Said to include:

2 x AUF-2 DUAL-BOMB Pylon (for Mirage 2000 and Mirage F1)

4 x GBU-12

4 x ASSM

8 x MICA (Infra/Radar Guide)

2 x Export version Mirage 2000 Fuel Tank

Yay! :banana: Cool to see a dedicated French weapons set.

The pic has me wondering, though. The GBU-12s flanking the AASMs seem to have a GBU-22 guidance kit on the front, but tailfins like the GBU-12, whereas the tailfins on a GBU-22 (if they were meant to be those) should look more like the GBU-24's, with the fins off-set from the centre line.

And maybe it's the pic (or my eyes :lol:), but to my eyes, the AASM's fins look a tad short.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
  • 1 month later...

It's hard to tell from the box art on Lucky's site if the GBU-22's fins are correctly offset or not. I hope they are, as this set is the first that would include 22s in plastic. I'm now crossing my fingers for a 1/72 scale set! :pray:

In any case, here's an earlier thread I kicked off a couple of years ago about GBU-22s with some reference pictures. If the Skunworks kit is incorrect, here's hoping they can fix any future 1/72 versions!

Old GBU-22 thread.

• 6 months later...

Got it....that being said...and not wanting to hi-jack the tread...where can I get a decent version of the IRIS-T in 1/48?

I only have the Italeri Gripen kits...(don't have them handy) so wondering if they contain the IRIS-T?

If not...what aftermarket sources are there?