Im part of the group that submitted the bid for it to be held in Greenville, SC in '13. Our Chairman is at the nat's, and as soon as it is announced, he is going to call the rest of us to let us all know. I will post it as soon as I know.

Im part of the group that submitted the bid for it to be held in Greenville, SC in '13. Our Chairman is at the nat's, and as soon as it is announced, he is going to call the rest of us to let us all know. I will post it as soon as I know.

And do you have plenty of nearby hotels.

There were only 2 bid's submitted for the '13 nats, so its not like there's a lot of selection. We didnt know anything at all about the Colorado Springs bid until after the submission deadline, and for awhile there was concern that no bids were going to be put in for the nats.

And yes, there are several hotels near the convention site we chose.

Edited by Adam Baker
I hope after tonights awards banquet someone will post where the 2013 convention willl be so I can make plans.

There's a post on HS that the 2013 Nats will be held in Loveland, Colorado. Congrats to winning chapter! Start making plans folks. HS thread

:cheers:

Edited by Cyrus Tan

Ok, just heard from our Chairman. Its confirmed, the 2013 nats are in Colorado.

Sucks b/c I was really hoping we'd get it, but it doesnt surprise me that Colorado would get it, just b/c like mentioned, otherwise it would mean 2 consecutive east coast nat's.

But thats just life.

Congrats to the Colorado chapter.

How long is your deployment? You have 2 years before it happens.

And location is all about the group that's hosting it. I had heard it was Colorado Springs, but I guess the group is up in Loveland instead.

Loveland over Colorado Springs or even Denver? Figures the NATs will be held in my state while I'm deployed. FRACK!!!!!

Colorado Springs is the chapter spearheading the 2013 Nats, with help from the Denver area chapters (I'm sitting with them in the hotel lobby right now.) They say that Loveland was had best hotel/convention center rate they could get. I'm really looking forward to it!

SN

Considering the Loveland Embassy Suites and convention center is almost a dead on clone to the Omaha venue and considering how well things went at our show, I am not surprised CS got picked. But, I hope you boys in Greenville will bid again for 2014 since it sounds like the bid was also very solid. Sounds to me like it could have come down to a coin flip almost to choose who would do the 2013 Nationals.

I imagine the convention organizers are sensitive to the school year. From what I understand the organizers usually have to work our IPMS convention into the schedule of other conventions and special events being held at the venue. That was probably the factor that moved Columbus and Loveland into August.