Well, like I said in my other thread, I have started another 1/48th Fort that I can actually finish by December. With the ammount of detail that I am trying to achieve and the needs of the Navy, Lulu Belle is gonna be a very long term build. So I am gonna start a new build, the good old classic Revell 1/48th G. I planned this build to be as simple as possible, aminly focasing on the exterior as is that is main what is seen. BUT like every other modeller, I just opened the box and have already broken out the dremel for some after market. Nothing major, just the left over Eduard and Verlindin bits that I dont need for my F, not really concerned with a 100% Boeing, just look for good results. The only real interior detail is gonna mainly be in the nose. I amy open the flap for s**ts and giggles, and the mlg bays and struts. My real reason for this project is that I am decent and NMF, and weathering (the salt technique is gonna be beautiful here) but my seam filling and sanding skills are sub par in my opinion, so a NMF 17 will make me work that much harder to achieve the best results. Pictues soon, thanks for reading. And GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the major interior parts for Miss Lace are primed, awaiting a coat of Alclad dull aluminum and dark green where needed, but that is for another day since its a hundred and stupid outside and the garage is like a sauna. Now for a little work on Lulu Belles' navigators table, then time for left over brisket and some tv.

not much to look at, but the appropriate spots are sprayed with Alclad dark aluminum, gonna spray the cockpit beoing green tomorrow. Now its time to paint all the little bits and pieces. Like I said earlier, this build is gonna focus more on the rugged and war beaten look of the exterior of this fort, the only interior spot that is really gonna get detailed is the nose, and thats just really with leftovers.

100_1262.jpg

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the compliments. I keep seeing things that I could/should have done better, but like I said, I'm just going basic on the interior of this one, my main focus will be the extreme weathering of miss Lace. I just need to finish the seats and the rear bulkhead and the cockpit will be done, I'm might be able to finish it tonight, but of course that all depends on how far ahead of the Secretary of War (wife) I get home from work, she wants me to grill, that takes some time. Maybe pictures tonight.

quick picture update, not much new, seats installed minus the bombadiers, did a little painting on the aft bulkhead. This MAY be my last modeling day for a few, a)got in a little s**t with the Secretary of War for working on Lulu Belle for 4 1/2 hours, didnt realize it, B) it all depends on Irene (stupid nature) Tomorrow I have the fun of moving 65 droptanks into the hanger by hand, then get to come home and get things ready here, so hopefully it'll turn out to sea. Now for the pictures

100_1291.jpg

100_1290.jpg

I had an idea by the way, we should see about getting a forum for bombers started, the Heavy Haulers forum, WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was super simple, Verlindin did all the work, I just folded and painted :D That aftermarket set is really good, a lot of it is going to Belle, with the leftovers in miss Lace. I just wish it came with more oxygen bottles, oh well, I'll just have to make the very hidden ones from balsa and hope no really tiny people crawl in there and notice. You know whta I just noticed, my camera really makes everything a lot brighter, trust me, I didn't use florescent green.

Edited by rightwinger26

I'm with ya on the bomber sub-forum!

Oxygen bottles can be made from sprue. Not hard to do at all. Find the sprue that you think is the right width, cut to the length you want. Chuck it in a drill and press it against a flat metal file, as it spins you make the dome shape on each end. The cool thing is you can a ton of these fro, the kit sprue and it doesnt cost any extra. Fire extinguishers can be made like this too, loger and only domed on one end though. You just gotta make the other bits for walk around bottles and extinguishers. Grindng the sprues take patience, is time consuming and you go through batteries on your cordless quick but.....

Secretary of war? The miss's?

Seriously though, be safe as far as irene goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from the boat, and already got some work done on Miss Lace, the radio shack is finished for the most part, just need to add the ammo box. Not the best job, but since it will barely been seen, oh well.

100_1347.jpg

100_1346.jpg

Now I'll see how much I can get done by Wednesday morning, we are goign to Michigan for a week and a half.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm back in business, I got the interior finished, windows masked, and seams cleaned. Tonight I'm gonna glue the fuselage together, tomorrow, take the twist ties off and glue in and mask the windows, then its on to the wings, pictures tomorrow when it looks like something.

Next item of business, is it me or does the chin turret look grey or is it war beaten nmf like the rest of Miss Lace

B-17-Bit-O-Lace-Photo.jpg

Edited by rightwinger26