I've got both and Revell's clear parts look pretty thick and chunky to me.

I think looking at that real pic he did a fine job it just maybe needs to be a little taller. That would cut down on the angle a lil?

Honestly though it's such a small part of the model you're fine finishing it the way it is. Once painted and that there'll be enough to detract your eye away from it.

That angle almost looks like a B-26 tail. I'll continue with the build, but I just dont feel its gonna do Miss Lace or her gallant crews much justice looking that way. Thanks for the compliments though guys, really a moral booster after a disapointing build session. I'll deffinatly look for better aftermarket parts, try and do this bird better justice in the future. Next up, filling and sanding the fuselage, then the wings. The part I am really looking forward to on this build is the painting. Using the salt and water technique for weathering, painting the insignias, making the NMF look war beaten, the OD port outer wing panel, all that fun stuff, and there are tons of good color references for her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the framework is CA'd in place as tight as I could get it. Here are some photos showing the various gaps. I have to work all weekend so Monday after work, I'll start the filling. Notice the side windows aren't in, by design, that 4 less windows I have to worry about popping out with the masks come off, plus it will give me access to paint the filler on the inside so there isn't a nice pea green "weather seal" along the bottom. :)

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I realized that as soon as I fit the parts, the problem was that if I would have altered the parts to make the angle less, it would have pulled it too far from the pumpkin, guess I'm just gonna have to deal with it, already started filling a little.

Thanks guys. I've starting filling and cleaning seams on the fuselage. The Cheyenne mount is cleaning up decent, I should get a lot more work done next week while I'm waiting for future to dry on another project.

MARK!!!, long time no see, have you done anything to LMM?

Almost "done" with the seams on the fuselage, oh how I hate seams on a big model.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

I really need to go over the area above the cockpit, bomb bay, and just aft of the radio window again, not really satified.

The Cheyenne area is closing in much better than I thought

IMG_0036.jpg

Still need to do the starboard side and smooth it out some.

I only started the bottom foward of the bomb bay, it looked really good after some nail polish remover and a light sanding...........then I put the silver sharpie on and low and behold, a small gap is still there!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, it "seams" the only seam I did a good job on gluing straight and tight was the vertical stab, sanding and that was done. As you guys all know, Miss Lace is a NMF bird, so the seams are super important, but since she was beat to h**l, being a really dulled NMF will hopefully tone down the booboos that I miss. Also by looking at photos of there, she appeared to be very tarnished? (not the right word but you get the point) So the NMF areas are going to get a light dusting of a tannish color from the airbrush, very light, just enough to make her look used, so hopefully that will help cover my sub-par filling and sanding skills.

I also got the inside of the wheelwells airbrushed, so I will be putting the wings together on monday after work (working friday thru monday now).

IMG_0043.jpg

Thanks for looking, critque away, I can use the advice :D

I like it. A bit of help perhaps... I did away with filler. What I use instead is a combination of thin and medium superglue. I'll join the parts with the thin glue, and then once dried, I'll apply a thin layer of medium glue. I like the medium as oppose to the thick, as the medium still gets into the cracks nicely, but also helps to strengthen the bond of the parts. Once it's somewhat dry (20-25 seconds), I start with a piece of 400 grit wet sandpaper wrapped around a piece of balsa wood. This for me works nicely, and as it becomes smoother, I go up to 1200 grit, and it leaves the joint as smooth as the plastic. A bit of rescribing where needed, and done! If you need more filling done, then another layer or two of the medium with a "rinse and repeat" thrown in, and it works out great.

Just my 2 cents. That said, I am enjoying the progress on this build.

Cheers,

Mark.

Thats a good tip Mark, thanks, I'll have to try that out. I had been using the putty then nail polish remover trick, which works good for me normally, but for some reason on this plane, my alignment skills failed me in some places, and a few gaps in other spots. I'll give your technique a try tomorrow on one of my "hanger queen" models.

THANK YOU MARK!! That tip was awesome, worked great. The pictures don't really show how much of an improvment that made on filling the seams, but the two spots I tried so far look way better to me!

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

I still have a MEGA gap to fill in on the stbd side of the Cheyenne framing

IMG_0062.jpg

And the lower side of the fuselage, but that seam isn't really bad, just some blending, should be able to finsish all that tomorrow, along with getting the wings glued together. My hope is to have the filling done, and the wings and horizontal stabs in place, along with exterior PE all done this week, and ready to tow her to the paint hanger on Monday.

Thanks for looking.

might have some pictures later today, the seams on the fuselage are done, the wings are put together. The wing seams aren't bad at all, so I SHOULD be able to get those done today. Once the wings are on the bird, I'll post some new pictures.

Sorry fellas, not getting miss Lace glued together today, I'm all seamed out, and I have a few small spots on the fuselage to touch up and glued with windows in and take care of those seams before I fit her together, MY HANDS ARE KILLING ME!!

I roughed her together just to give an idea of the progress.

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Heres a quick shot of another of my many projects, not airplane related at all, but what the heck

IMG_0069.jpg

only a few thousand more of those to go :D

Miss Lace will be ready for painting soon, so stay tuned!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes and no.............seams are all filled in, windows in, all that good stuff, EXCEPT for the port horizontal stab, the stupid ******* thing keeps falling off, no matter how I attach it. I've tried CA, super glue, everything under the sun, well that I have in the house. It will be fine for a day or two, the let the drooping begin!!!!! So out of frustration I have been messing around with a few side projects to steady the nerves. I'm gonna make a trip to get some 5 minute epoxy this afternoon. But, duty calls again, and I'll be at sea for a short spell, so finishing on time is not looking likely. All of your guys forts do look AMAZING though. hopefully I can get this thread and Lulu Belles moved elsewhere when this is over.