Why no show next year?

This is the only year we'll have this particular space, because it's being cleared out to be turned into the new restoration center. Everything that was in there has been moved to the expansion of the new museum facility, and with some other stuff their adding/rearranging we're not sure if there will be space for a show next year.

SN

well, John I will be the little chick in the KSM shirt with redish blonde hair. just ask the vendors to point you to Mandie the vendor rep. In fact, as of set up tonight I have sold 53 tables. Yeah me!!!

Look forward to meeting you. I talked my wife into coming too. See you tomorrow.

Just determined that I can make it, at least to check it out. First time. So how will I know any of you other ARCers?

Should get there a bit after noon (driving from SE MI near the Ohio border).

Looking forward to it.

John

Just look under the Saturn 5 engine, me and my buddy Bish are vending there :)

Edited by crazydon

Got back a little bit ago from the show. Had some great models on display and lots of vendors. I dropped about $65, but got, what I think, are pretty good deals. Got a 1/48 Has. F-14A with extras, 1/48 Has. F4U-4 with engine and cockpit resin plus extra decal sheet, a 1/72 Fuj. F-14A with an extra Fightertown Adversary decal sheet and resin seats, and a 1/72 Fuj. F-4N. I talked Andrew and Clare for a minute and saw Mandie, Steve, and I think Crazy Don (he was under the Saturn 5 engine). All were busy, so I didn't get to meet them. Looking forward to some photos. All I had was my cellphone camera. Not sure how they will turn out. Anyway, another great show! Hope there will be more in the coming years......

Edited by fasteagle12

Went earlier today, but got there late. They had already closed the models section for judging so didn't get to see all the kits. UGH. So, got to browse and like fasteagle got a couple deals I was pretty happy about. Best was a 1/350 HMS Hood for $75. Score. Fun to browse and talk to a few people. Saw Don too and talked to him a bit, but missed Mandie and Steve. Maybe next year?

Thanks for having this post, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to make it out. Had a good time, looking forward to the pictures of the show being posted, so I can see what I missed since I wasn't able to stay until judging was complete!

Sorry we missed you guys..glad you had a good time!

I was the one hobbling around with a limp. Did what the kids would call an "epic faceplant" on the concrete floor after catching my toe on one of the bolts holding the Saturn V engine supports, and bashed the $#@! out of my knee. The Air Zoo folks fixed me up with an ice pack, and after we got home Mandie badgered me into going to the ER for an X-ray (that's what I get for marrying a nurse.) Nothing broken or badly damaged..but walking is gonna be "fun" for the next few days!

SN

I just want to say thank you to all who came and enjoyed our show. To all of my wonderful vendors, the final total was 22 vendors with 53 tables. So far, I've gotten alot of good feedback from them. And a special thanks to the both the Kalamazoo Scale Modelers and West Michigan IPMS for all of the hard work.

Mandie

I almost passed but I went and was happy I did! I enjoyed the show and picked up a few small items. I went to the museum too since I had never been there. Well worth the effort. Okay I'll go anywhere where I can stare at an SR-71B with my own eyes. There were some impressive models in the museum as well but it was funny to look at the big aircraft carrier model and realize I just bought the same kit they used for the deck crew an hour earlier. The display tables were fantastic and the work on them was spectacular. Using the other building was definitely the right move since I really had no idea how anybody could see a thing under the Blackbird.

BTW props to the staff at the museum for patiently answering all 1,234,742 of my son's questions about the airplanes. Those guys were awesome.

And as always it was great to see the guys from West Michigan IPMS.

Edited by splatcat

Glad that you guys enjoyed the contest. Also, Splat, I am glad to hear that you and your son were able to take in the museum as well. The docents there are very good guys, have lots of experience and are well trained to know the aircraft in the museum. Did you try the Flight Simulator? I love to take off and then roll inverted. Fun!!!

For those of you who don't have an imagination, I am attaching a photo of the same area full of people. CD and Bish are out of the photo at front left and the models are way back. Look in front of the MiG-15. We had enough space to allow 10 feet!! between model tables. Lots of space to view the models. Also, you can see Mandie's vendors all spread out. Our two clubs felt that we were successful in providing a fun contest to the modeling public. BTW, Mandie won best model by a female at the contest and there were some very, very good entries.

Clare

Floor_filled.jpg

Wow look at that vendor area.

I missed the show again this year because my son had a soccer tournament that weekend. Third year in row the show was scheduled the same weekend as his tournament. Sorry I missed it. If there is a show next year I hope to make that one.

Any more pictures posted anywhere?