1/48 Kinetic F-5B

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a few runs by Trenton on the 401. REALLY looking forward to a release, after seeing their CF-5A on display from the highway!

Anyone know a good chiro? Sore neck :P

(edited for missing key words)

Edited by Browning

Well, here in Greece is a very popular subject. I can't wait for the kinetic kit to hit the selves. We have so many unique options. F-5s in Vietnam camo, Aegean blue, ghost, Jordanian desert camo plus more than a couple of special schemes ones. Just check this on the net and you will not be suprised to realise why the Greek modelers are waiting for christmas like 6 year olds!

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Kinetic showed the 1/48 F-5A at the Shizuoka Hobby Show. Too bad everyone who took the time take and post pictures concentrated on the zillions of Gundam kits and airsoft gear, so I have not seen a single photo yet. Hopefully Raymond will give us an update soon.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I crazy, or this look like Recce nose on NF-5A??????

No idea on the first part, but the nose on the Greek bird looks like the standard non-recce one to me.

NF-5A's never used a recce nose IRL anyway.

Regards,

Andre

Edited by Andre

No idea on the first part, but the nose on the Greek bird looks like the standard non-recce one to me.

Well, it looks like the recce to me, so I asked!

NF-5A's never used a recce nose IRL anyway.

Regards,

Andre

Thanks for informing me... wondering why I asked such question??!!

Am I crazy, or this look like Recce nose on NF-5A??????

It could be that I'm wrong, but it look like Recce to me!!!

Maybe Kinetic wanted to portray all Greek F-5s in one illustration.

They received new F-5A, F-5B and RF-5A straight from the US from 1965 onward but also took delivery of ex-Dutch NF-5A and B in 1991.

Maybe parts for all single-seat F-5s are included in the box ?

• 2 weeks later...

The model in these photos from a Greek site supposedly shows a Kinetic F-5A test shot from last February. The parts breakdown seems to match the sprues shown in Japan recently:

kinF5A_1.jpg

kinF5A_2.jpg

kinF5A_3.jpg

Edited by KursadA

The model in these photos from a Greek site supposedly show a Kinetic F-5A test shot from last February.

Multicolored plastic - yay, Matchbox flashback! ;)

Nice that you 1/48th guys finallly have a decent F-5 to play with.

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

Whomever built the test shot put the canopy hinge mechanism on backwards. Other than that, I am really liking what I see. The way the parts are split, I can see a T-38 option thrown in without too much of a chore.

www.translate.google.com

Just copy the entire URL of the web site you want to translate, paste it into the "from" window, click on Greek >> English and hit "return".

Edited by Jennings

www.translate.google.com

Just copy the entire URL of the web site you want to translate, paste it into the "from" window, click on Greek >> English and hit "return".

Interesting, the Sprue shots for the Tan models F-5A is up at that site too. It looks very good.

Something looks odd about the front end of the Kinetic F-5A test shot. The nose wheel and gear looks too small, there just is something that looks off and I can't put my finger on it.

The nose wheel and gear looks too small, there just is something that looks off and I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe the fact that the tire is missing from the NLG wheel is causing the problem?

It looks like they're going to give us rubber tires to go on the plastic rims (WHY!?!?!?! NOBODY, but NOBODY likes them!!). I'm wondering about those panels on either side of the fuselage just behind the cockpit. Clearly they're separate parts, and they don't fit very well. I can't think of a reason those needed to be done as separate parts. I'm not aware of anything back there that would be interesting to look at on a model with the panels off. More parts for the sake of more parts?

It looks like they're going to give us rubber tires to go on the plastic rims.

Have you seen any Kinetic kit?... They're going to give us separate PLASTIC tires, as they did in other kits.

I'm wondering about those panels on either side of the fuselage just behind the cockpit. Clearly they're separate parts, and they don't fit very well. I can't think of a reason those needed to be done as separate parts.

Different panels are there on F-5 and NF-5 (or was it CF-5...?).

Edited by Vodnik