1/48 Kinetic F-5B

It looks like they're going to give us rubber tires to go on the plastic rims (WHY!?!?!?! NOBODY, but NOBODY likes them!!). I'm wondering about those panels on either side of the fuselage just behind the cockpit. Clearly they're separate parts, and they don't fit very well. I can't think of a reason those needed to be done as separate parts. I'm not aware of anything back there that would be interesting to look at on a model with the panels off. More parts for the sake of more parts?

It looks like the main tires/wheels are in resin...what is on the front?

Maybe the fact that the tire is missing from the NLG wheel is causing the problem?

I am not so sure you are correct about that. I see what you are saying, there looks to be a rim around the wheel to hold the hated rubber tire in place, but the main wheels appear to be injection molded.

It looks like they're going to give us rubber tires to go on the plastic rims (WHY!?!?!?! NOBODY, but NOBODY likes them!!). I'm wondering about those panels on either side of the fuselage just behind the cockpit. Clearly they're separate parts, and they don't fit very well. I can't think of a reason those needed to be done as separate parts. I'm not aware of anything back there that would be interesting to look at on a model with the panels off. More parts for the sake of more parts?

I am not a fan of the modular design of the fuselage at all. I know why they did it so they can tool the two holer, but I like the looks of the Tan models complete fuselage halves.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks pretty nice, a little rough around the edges (test shot?), but pretty nice. I do have a couple of questions though.

a. Why are the exhausts molded the way they are? One exhaust is molded with the aft bulkhead, the other is separate.

b. Why the removable panel on the forward fuselage?

Looks pretty nice, a little rough around the edges (test shot?), but pretty nice. I do have a couple of questions though.

a. Why are the exhausts molded the way they are? One exhaust is molded with the aft bulkhead, the other is separate.

b. Why the removable panel on the forward fuselage?

Don,

a. Since the exhausts is not in parallel in angle, therefore, we need to separate one exhaust to replicate the angle.

b. F-5A and NF-5A and CF-5A with different panel detail. e.g. F-5A does not have AoA tube while the NF-5A have.

Is it me or are the Coke bottle tip tanks a little too pointy?? I can't put my finger on it but they don't look right.

Also only one type of refuel probe..... Looks like AMS resin replacement if you wish to build a Skoshi Tiger.

Obvious need to add AMS resin Seats.....

I'm going to get one and just for the decals..... I will be using the The Canadian War plane Heritage markings...... Not on this kit but one that is on the shelf for now.