Help with two F/A-18F questions

I just started building the Trumpeter F/A-18F. The two questions that I have are pretty easy but I just can find references. What color is the avionics bay below the canopy? The instructions show the door is white, but I'm not sure about the bay color. I know Tamiya F-15C/E models list a blue/green color as the internal color. Last question, is there any locations around the engines that I can cut open (access panels) to show detail of the engine? I don't want to waste time on detailing the engines if they aren't going to be seen. I love what Tamiya did for the 1/32 F-16C which included the removable engine.

If you have any links to references that would be great!Thanks for your help.

Last question, is there any locations around the engines that I can cut open (access panels) to show detail of the engine? I don't want to waste time on detailing the engines if they aren't going to be seen. I love what Tamiya did for the 1/32 F-16C which included the removable engine.

There are large doors under the aircraft which you open to do maintenance on the engines or to remove/install them. But unless you are displaying your model upside down, it probably isn't worth it.

Here is a picture:

63954759kx8.jpg

I just started building the Trumpeter F/A-18F. The two questions that I have are pretty easy but I just can find references. What color is the avionics bay below the canopy? The instructions show the door is white, but I'm not sure about the bay color. I know Tamiya F-15C/E models list a blue/green color as the internal color. Last question, is there any locations around the engines that I can cut open (access panels) to show detail of the engine? I don't want to waste time on detailing the engines if they aren't going to be seen. I love what Tamiya did for the 1/32 F-16C which included the removable engine.

If you have any links to references that would be great!Thanks for your help.

There are some good avionics bay shots in Detail and Scale #69 for the F/A-18E & F. The color photos in there show interior green on the inside of the doors to the bay, white on the interior of the avionics bay itself and the boxes inside as black, green and grey with black cables and yellow connectors. The plane that is shown is a production E-model from VFA-14 Tophatters.

Regards, Ian