I made my own spray booth **PICS ADDED!!!**

So I buckled down and finally built my spray booth for airbrushing. I was surprised how easy it was to assemble. I'm sure everyone here knows how to build it but here is a list of the materials I needed:

1 36" X 24" X 20" plastic tupperware tub

1 3" bathroom fan

1 range hood filter

1 4" dryer vent

1 4"X8' flexible dryer hose

1 extension cord

It was a simple process of cutting the bottom of the tub to the size of the fan, running the hose to the window from the fan and attaching an extension cord. If anyone is interested in a more detailed assembly, I'll put it up, but I'm sure this has been covered by others.

Here are the pics of the booth.

6037527108_77e9e12329_m.jpg

6037526074_dbf849496b_m.jpg

6036973357_0957a34f49_m.jpg

6037524154_06cab436ac_m.jpg

6036971449_c33011bbac_m.jpg

6037520048_9f1d7558a5_m.jpg

6037519136_f45847f0f4_m.jpg

Edited by Edgewood

Very very nice!! Looks like a pretty simple & economical way to go.

In all, it cost me a grand total of $90.00 Canadian. In addition it works better than I expected it to. Although it doesn't eliminate the fumes 100%, it reduces it to a very acceptable level. My workbench is in a basement bedroom with a small window. The tub is large enough to accommodate nearly all 1:48 kits. :banana:

No problems with static electricity using the plastic box?

I haven't experienced any yet. I was told by another modeller that placing the tub on a some sheet metal would take care of that problem if it does become one...

:D, That looks pretty good Edgewood. I'm currently drawing up plans for a somewhat larger spraybooth/drying box for larger models Well, for models of all sizes in 1/72 scale. I plan to use 12mm MDF, primed and painted to seal it with perspex 2 part front and top. I plan to use an autmotive radiator fan (12V) as an extraction fan and a 12V ceramic fan heater for drying. On the outside of one side will be an automotive air filter to ensure only clean air enters the booth while the extracton fan is running. I think this flow of air will help in the drying process as well.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford