F-16 Arctic Aggressor. Tamiya 1/48

Thanks a lot, people. Glad you enjoyed the arctic bandit.

Absolutely stunning. Can't say anymore than that. Hehe your photo shop image has a give away in it. You can see the heat haze from the exaust of whatever you removed from the original image. Sorry just had to say that. If you had put a pilot in your model then put that image, it would look 100% realistic.

Good work my friend.

Yes , this photo don´t pass a CIA analysis, ha, ha! A friend told me that the secondary rainbow must have the colours reversed and something called Alexander´s band (no freaking idea what´s that). Not to mention the angle of the shadows respect the sun.

I absolutely agree with you about the pilot. Next time I´ll make a completely realistic fake, even you´ll be cheated. :lol:

Thanks for your words, pal.

Q

Almost excellent, all you really need to add is a moose.

Yep, it´s a nice idea for a snowy base. :)

The weathering on the moose is waaaay overdone.

But the jet is FREAKING INCREDIBLE! Nice work!

-Mike

It´s not my fault! -Han Solo. The Empire strikes back.-

It´s not my fault!! -Lando Calrissian. The Return of the Jedi.-

Very nice model, very nice details. The tubing and wiring on the main gear looks great!

They do keep them inside all the time however (except when flying of course), and having seen this aircraft in real several times during a two week stay at Eielson last April, I can tell you the weathering on your model is over the top.

Don't get me wrong: your weathering techniques are awesome!

Thanks for the first-hand intel. Very interesting input, pollie.

Cheers.

Wow. Absolutely amazing Diego! Can you tell us your painting steps (e.g. do you use prehading, postshading, how you got the tonal variation etc), or if you use filters after the colors? There are so many fabulous things going with the colors and the streaks, and I can't get my head around it. Incredible job.

Hi Janissary, I´ll try to explain in short,

First I made a preshading with black and white paint not to enhance the panel lines but to enforce the light effect. Then I sprayed the camo colours. Next I applied a postshading on the rear side of the panel lines with Tamiya Smoke and masking tape, I also used Smoke to enhance the enforced light effect of the preshading were needed. Then I located the decals and started the weathering phase. For the specific and local weathering effects as the tail degraded paint, the dirt spotting or the belly streaks I used oil paints black and white. Then I applied a general weathering layer by blending oil paints brown, ochre, light grey and black, these colours work well on the three colours of the camo. Then I used ochre oil paint filters to vary the shade of some panels. Finally I used graphite to make some dark stains as the flaps streaks and to enhance the dirt effects on the tail and fuselage.

Hope it helps.

Diego any In-progress pics for this one?

Sorry Pep, no WIP thread at the moment. I need some time to prepare an article, I´m very lazy for such things.

AWESOME ! I love your neat painting and weathering !

How did you proceed to make the subtle colour shades ? Did you use oil paint filters ?

Thanks for your answer

Antoine

Yes Antoine, over the base camo I apllied a blending of diluted oil paints that worked as irregular filters. I used brown, ochre, light gray and black. I also applied a subtle ochre filter to some fuselage panels to vary their shade.

Thanks Diego for your replies. I will definitely try the way you paint (not sure I can do like you though...). I really like the way you paint: "Spanish school" with no excess on the weathering like we can sometimes see with the work of your fellow citizens, making models look like "cartoons".

BTW, I read your article published in "Art du modélisme" about the German/Spanish F-104 you made: A reference to me !

Edited by toniosky
  • 3 weeks later...

Fabuloso, amigo mío!! Un placer ver que algunos siguen aprovechando el tiempo que tienen (envidia cochina que os tengo :rolleyes: ) para hacer obras de arte.

Un saludo!

!Hombre Juanjo, cuanto tiempo! A ver si consigues tiempo para acabar alguna de esas maravillas que he visto en tu web (el cockpit del Mustang tiene una pinta espectacular).

Un saludo monstruo.

Q

• 3 weeks later...

Man! That one is gooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!! The first pic looks soooooooooo real! Absolutely highest class build!

Wow, I thought it WAS real before Viperbite made me go back and take a closer look, but then I guess that's the point! Kudos on an exceptional build Diego! :thumbsup:

:jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping:OUTSTANDING!!!.

BTW tell Bullwinkle that ain't Rocky, he's on the lam, Boris found out about him and Natasha. Oh wait that's Mrs. Bullwinkle looking for him..OH OH!!

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...