Gunze decal set

I had had a bit of trouble with Hasegawa decals, silvering

and glossiness and it was mentioned I should use Gunze

Mr. Set and Mr. Softer. I have never used Gunze products,

are they compatable with Hasegawa decals and which is

which? I am guessing set is just that, decal set and soft

is for complex curves and protrusions? Thanks---John

I haven't used the Gunze product, but what I do use is Future mixed with water as a setting solution, it will kill the silvering, and will help the decal stick to the surface, and to some extent will pull the decal down into recessed panel lines.

If a softener is needed I use Solveset, it's a bit on the hot side so I suggest diluting it with water also.

I don't know what type of problem you are trying to describe as "Glossy" the one adverse affect would be if trying to have a flat finish, and that could be cured with a clear flat coat over the decal.

Curt

Mr Set is the wetting agent similar to Micro-Set, it goes on before the decal is applied.

Mr Softener is the solvent like Micro-Sol, only hotter. Apply after the decal is in place to soften it to conform with the surface. Fragile decals may well melt beyond use and/or have ink runs with this product.

Edited by Chuck1945

I've used this stuff with any kind of decals ( Hase, Two Bobs, Hawkeye decals, a.s.o. ) it´s always working very well.

You only have to be careful on not coated Gunze gloss colors. Setter can make a damage !!