modelhobbies.co.uk has anyone bought from them before?

I'm building Hasegawa's new SU-33 Sea Flanker, as a thank you gift to a very special friend. Originally, I was going to do it straight out of the box, but after seeing the photo etch detail set Dream Model has for the kit I thought, "Eh, why not?" I searched around for the set, and found a few on ebay, but the delivery time kept me from buying. I found one on modelhobbies.co.uk, and ordered it on July 31st. The next day I get an email saying my order is being processed, and a few days after that, I get an email saying my order has been shipped, that was on August 4th. Now it's August 16th, and still no PE set. It was stated in the order confirmation email, that it should take from two to ten days after it is shipped. Does it normally take this long, and has anyone else experienced the same thing I am? The PE set is the only thing I'm waiting on before I can start major construction, which I hope to do as soon as it arrives. Or, am I just being impatient after being spoiled by living within driving distance of Sprue Brothers? Any help, or advice, you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Edited by shake zula the mic rula

usually, my orders take more like 3 weeks (from ordering to delivery) so i guess it's 10 "business" days...

so 10 days can extend to 14 days... it is more relevant to postal services than modelhobbies, i think.

Hey Tim, I've ordered from this outfit before and have always gotten my stuff - however the time it takes for my orders to arrive has varied quite significantly. I think one time I got my order in about a week or 7 business days and the other time it took close to 3 weeks. I honestly think it's all the luck of the draw when it comes with dealing with the British Postal System - definitely not as consistent as the carriers Gordon at SprueBrothers uses but in the end usually reliable.

Hey Tim, I've ordered from this outfit before and have always gotten my stuff - however the time it takes for my orders to arrive has varied quite significantly. I think one time I got my order in about a week or 7 business days and the other time it took close to 3 weeks. I honestly think it's all the luck of the draw when it comes with dealing with the British Postal System - definitely not as consistent as the carriers Gordon at SprueBrothers uses but in the end usually reliable.

It's not so much modelhobbies.co.uk or the British postal system at fault, but rather the time it takes for an individual parcel to clear customs - both going out of the UK and when it gets into the US - that accounts for the wide variety in timescales when it comes to delivery.

Vince.