A-4K Skyhawk

I am about to crack into a 1/72 Fujimi A-4E. I will be converting to a Kiwi A-4K. I need to square off the ventral fin tip. Are there any resin bits out ther to convert to a "K".

Cheers

I am about to crack into a 1/72 Fujimi A-4E. I will be converting to a Kiwi A-4K. I need to square off the ventral fin tip. Are there any resin bits out ther to convert to a "K".

I don't think so, but it isn't a hard thing to do yourself. The problem is that the E has the wrong style canopy to make any kind of M and it isn't something that can be fixed.

The problem is that the E has the wrong style canopy to make any kind of M and it isn't something that can be fixed.

Luckily Azza is doing an A-4K, which was based on the A-4F.

Cheers,

Andre

Yeah - I will be modelling an early A-4K when it was delivered in around 1970, pre the Kahu upgrade. Will be in the SEA camo with hi-viz 75sqn markings. It will sit next to my recently completed RNZAF F-16A "what if" build.

cheers

Yeah - I will be modelling an early A-4K when it was delivered in around 1970, pre the Kahu upgrade.

Italeri's 1/72nd A-4M and A-4E/F kits (I'm not sure about their OA-4M) have a seperate insert part for the square fin - it's in the lower left of the left sprue shown here.

You could ask around in the Spares Bin section if someone here has one lying around gathering dust.

HTH,

Andre

Luckily Azza is doing an A-4K, which was based on the A-4F.

Oh, thought it was the Kuwaiti one.

Still, just cut out a right angle encompassing the curve, put in a piece of plastic as thick as the tail, and sand the new piece down to the right shape. It really isn't hard.

Oh, thought it was the Kuwaiti one.

No, those were the A-4KU variant, now in Argentinian use as the A-4AR.

No wonder there is some confusion - it's almost as bad an alphabet soup as the F-16. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

• 1 month later...

No, those were the A-4KU variant, now in Argentinian use as the A-4AR.

No wonder there is some confusion - it's almost as bad an alphabet soup as the F-16. ;)

Cheers,

Andre

Actually, the Argentine A-4ARs are ex USMC A-4s. The Brazilian AF-1 are the ex Kuwaiti AF-1s.

The best bet is to find a square tail from another Scooter to make a RNZAF "Model"

Great to see them getting a build!

AC

Cheers

Great to hear - just out of interest, which decals are you using? Will she carry the Kiwi or the Fern?

AC