Hello guys im new to this site, I love building Models, I would like to know a good way to make a static display with the aircraft in a flying attitude. any help would be appreciated. Stand ect?

Thanks

I've used acryilc rods up a jet tailpipe. You can bend the acrylic rods after heat soacking them in the oven.

Rods (aluminum, brass, steel) can be stiff and minimal too to insert into a bushing at the bottom of a model.

Go to the main web site , then Tools and tips -> Display Bases->In-flight Display bases by Ken Middleton

thats a great article for what you need

:post1:

Cheers

Neo

Personally, I use mini camera tripod. Easy. Cheap. Learned this from the arcair.com main website too. Go to Tools 'n Tips -> In-flight Displays. There's only 1 article there by Robert Lenior.

I build a lot for military folks, active, retired, pilots, etc. They almost all like their airplanes in the air. I also use the acrylic rod in the tailpipe method. I'm not going to repeat the info that NEO gave you about Ken Middleton, but you should definitely look at Ken's article. As you will see and learn, Ken has done many, many of these. As far as the bases, I use hardwood and make them pretty simple. You want your model to be the main focus of your display. Go to a local lumberyard or anyone who is a woodworker and ask them to save you their scrap hardwood. Find a trophy shop in your area. They will usually make plaques. I have a guy in my area that has a small "mom and pop" shop in his basement. I can get 4 or 5 really nice plaques that you can stick to the display base for $10 or $15. The plaque will have information such as this:

F-84F Thunderstreak

178TFG - Ohio ANG

It's really pretty simple stuff, once you do a few. If you need a contact for acrylic rod, contact me. Good Luck!!