Who says it a new kit or product?

Their site states "Stay tuned as we are excited to showcase the efforts of Tamiya America. "

If it was a new release, I would think Tamiya Japan would be braking the news...

That crossed my mind, too. You and I are not the only two to think about that. We're just having fun here. Let the people play a little. Cheers.

Aaron

Well since I abide by the laws of Mr. Murphy and I just got 2 Eduard mig-29's with more on the way...

I bet the gods throw a Tamiya 1/48 Mig-29 into the world.

I know for a fact it’s not a mig-25.

How do I know this?

Simple I sold my Revell Germany Mig-25 with Big ed and Neomega pit a couple of months back; and that would mean I made a good call... I never make good calls....so there’s no way it’s a Mig-25 (I hope it is thought!)

I have inside information:

It's going to be an announcement that they've finally succeeded in hiring the design team responsible for the F-100, F-105, and Lightning away from Trumpeter. To further the coup, they got Mr. "Needs More Rivets" Li to head the department and Mr. "Coke Bottles" Yu to head the research department.

Ben :whistle:

Personally, I think if it IS a new kit, it will be a 1/32 P-51B Mustang. Why? Because they have been coming fast and furious with anything Merlin engine powered. So they did the Spit 9 and 16, then the P-51D. So the B model is about all that is left for them to do, even if others have done it before.

I do admit a 1/32 Hurricane would be nice, but it has an older Merlin and Tamiya can't just pop in the same one they used on the Mk IX Spit kit.

I figured it out! To continue their tie in line with 48 scale aircraft and armor to make dioramas it will feature a 2 seater F-16 and a Chevy 'Roach Coach' concession truck witch features 'Modern USAF Ground Crew At Rest'!

Fook, I had my hopes ups until I ventured over to their website and noticed it could be a million different things, least of which I believe is going to anything in 1/48 aircraft plastic.

It could be more than one announcement, the person who told me the F-4B/N is tooled said it was delayed due to the disaster in Japan. They may be announcing TamiyaCon, the re-release of some of there paints in the US as well as a kit release. I hope they person who told me about the Phantom is correct. He is well connected in the Japanese/Chinese hobby industry.