I'm going wander around while I wait for it to get pulled.

I would hope the mods would just pull an offending post instead of nuking the entire 40+ page thread. Despite a few transgressions, it has been a useful and informative thread.

"Haha can I ask what happened to the other one without re-poking the hornets nest, so to speak?

Tom"

That is funny... Hornets Nest! Ha, Ha....

Haha can I ask what happened to the other one without re-poking the hornets nest, so to speak?

Tom

Is that a legacy hornets nest or super hornets nest ?? cause it makes a difference

edit added quote as this was a funny remark to this

Edited by Neo

Is that a legacy hornets nest or super hornets nest ?? cause it makes a difference

-depends how much of a Lightning storm you make over it

(BTW - I, honistly, have no clue as to the 'vaperization' of the other thread ?)

:D, Neo, it does really depend. If we do buy those extra 19 Super Hornets and they are based at Williamtown then Williamtown will become the Hornets' nest for both types. As it stands the Hornets' nest for Legacy Hornets is Williamtown and the Hornets' nest for Super Hornets is Amberley. As Steve says it depends pretty much on how much of a Lightning storm you make over it all, although it has been said that some smaller Raptors do eat Hornets when there's nothing else available. Or was it the other way around? The Hornet ate a Raptor? However, if we skirt all this discussion around a Fulcrum, we might just even get a Flanker out of it. Wouldn't that be a sight to see at Williamtown? There is forest on two sides of the Williamtown base and I've heard it said there have been plenty of Frogfoots seen there. Then there was the WO electrician we used to call Flogger. Sometimes at the O's Mess they would dine al Fresco and throw a Fagot or two under the barbie plate to provide heat for cooking. There was also the OC at Willytown who bred racehorses and one day had a Colt get out of its yard and close the runway. And in the late 70s at 2 OCU we even had a bengal tiger Cub as our unit mascot. AS he grew and came to squadron parades his behaviour started to make his female handler's hair Curl. This all happens not too far away from the Fishbeds at Port Stevens. Then there were all the Cleats on the boots of the ORs on any base. Of course the Classic of all Classics were the 2 specially painted Miracles that gave the 60th Anniversary Demos around the country. There was also a Sgt metalworker who had been in a near fatal car accident and had a dickey Hip. On Sundays there would be a lot of Halos hanging around the chapels. One thing I never saw however was a Hoplite. On Friday afternoons we had a little saying "Don't touch your brakes as you go out the gate, I'll be right up your clacker" and if anyone did hit the picks at the gate it would surely cause a lot of Havoc further back down the line. I wouldn't put you all on now, these things really did happen and I'm being Candid with you all. Any organization has to have its Mainstay. And just down the road in the Port of Newcastle on any given day you can see a number of Coalers.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Actually, the correct word is "Wondering", not "wandering".

I was wondering how long it would be before somebody went wandering off ...

Oh, BTW, we'e got a long running and sometimes amusing thread on F-35s over here...

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=209836

Al P.

ARC moderation team typo monitor

:D, Neo, it does really depend. If we do buy those extra 19 Super Hornets and they are based at Williamtown then Williamtown will become the Hornets' nest for both types. As it stands the Hornets' nest for Legacy Hornets is Williamtown and the Hornets' nest for Super Hornets is Amberley. As Steve says it depends pretty much on how much of a Lightning storm you make over it all, although it has been said that some smaller Raptors do eat Hornets when there's nothing else available. Or was it the other way around? The Hornet ate a Raptor? However, if we skirt all this discussion around a Fulcrum, we might just even get a Flanker out of it. Wouldn't that be a sight to see at Williamtown? There is forest on two sides of the Williamtown base and I've heard it said there have been plenty of Frogfoots seen there. Then there was the WO electrician we used to call Flogger. Sometimes at the O's Mess they would dine al Fresco and throw a Fagot or two under the barbie plate to provide heat for cooking. There was also the OC at Willytown who bred racehorses and one day had a Colt get out of its yard and close the runway. And in the late 70s at 2 OCU we even had a bengal tiger Cub as our unit mascot. AS he grew and came to squadron parades his behaviour started to make his female handler's hair Curl. This all happens not too far away from the Fishbeds at Port Stevens. Then there were all the Cleats on the boots of the ORs on any base. Of course the Classic of all Classics were the 2 specially painted Miracles that gave the 60th Anniversary Demos around the country. There was also a Sgt metalworker who had been in a near fatal car accident and had a dickey Hip. On Sundays there would be a lot of Halos hanging around the chapels. One thing I never saw however was a Hoplite. On Friday afternoons we had a little saying "Don't touch your brakes as you go out the gate, I'll be right up your clacker" and if anyone did hit the picks at the gate it would surely cause a lot of Havoc further back down the line. I wouldn't put you all on now, these things really did happen and I'm being Candid with you all. Any organization has to have its Mainstay. And just down the road in the Port of Newcastle on any given day you can see a number of Coalers.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Best post this week using NATO names!

Alvis 3.1

ARC moderation team Cookie Detail Chief