Your MAKS 2011 Pics

Great pictures indeed! Thanks for sharing. I have seen hundred of MAKS pictures this year, but you have some very interesting angles that i haven't seen before. My favorite one must be the second or first pic of Su-35S in the loop. :) :thumbsup:

A few of mine - taken from the Media Platform on Saturday.

Not the best photos I have ever taken - a combination of bad weather and my crap photography.

Saturday morning was heavy showers - but the sun came out mid-afternoon.

Anyway, here goes.....

MiG-29OVT landing after his display....

day3_007.JPG

Sukhoi Superjet...

day3_009.JPG

Beriev Be-200ChS....

day3_015.JPG

The Su-34 development machine now has a fence on top of the wing near the tips....

day3_018.JPG

T50 being towed past in a bag.

day3_020.JPG

Another view of the Su-34 Bort 48...

day3_031.JPG

Ken

Stunning shots of the Super-Flanker :worship:

The trio of Sukhoi products makes for a splendid photo opportunity. I bet that was a memorable sight to see live.

It could be the perspective but the air intakes on the Su-37(?) and Su-34 appear to be spaced slightly differently at their entrance on my monitor. I always thought they were based on the same platform. Am I just seeing things?

Thanks for posting these outstanding images. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

It could be the perspective but the air intakes on the Su-37(?) and Su-34 appear to be spaced slightly differently at their entrance on my monitor. I always thought they were based on the same platform. Am I just seeing things?

The latter I think Guy :thumbsup:

Bort 901 is a Su-35S BTW.....

The Su-34 has different intakes to all the other Flankers - the spacing is the same AFAIK, but the Su-34 has a rounded lower lip with a fixed slot in the bottom.

It also does away with the complicated intake compression ramps I think - as its operating environment doesn't need them.

Note also that Su-34 bort 48 (the Sukhoi development machine) now sports a small upper wing fence near the wingtip missile pylon.

Dunno what its for - or whether it will be retrofitted to the production machines but it seems that aerodynamic testing is continuing.

Ken