Your MAKS 2011 Pics

Not the best photos I have ever taken - a combination of bad weather and my crap photography.

Ken

Don't be so hard on yourself Ken. :) You have so many unique pictures (some are actually more or less one off of some planes, like Su-34 nose test bed), and your trip reports are always interesting to read, and you take pics of what people often overlook.

Just one question, photography wise... To me, it sometimes appear that yours pictures are "grainy". I am no expert, but wouldn't that be due to compressing of the original picture to smaller one? What program do you use to make pictures smaller? In photoshop you can for example make picture less in size, and choose the scale of quality it should keep after resizing. For example, if i am not mistaken, this picture:

day3_026.JPG

...is crop of this picture:

day3_025.JPG

To me, it seems the crop is actually better quality wise, and is less grainy and smoother. :woot.gif:

PS: Also, special thanks to Dawe of the MiG-1.44 pictures! I was hoping to see some this year. Interesting to note that both rudders on the tail turn inwards. T-50 pics of the ramp is also very cool, i love seeing pics of aircrafts in these settings. I believe it is connected to electricity supply, not fuel, connector is under the cockpit.

Edited by Berkut

Fantastic photos!!!

Please someone have photos of that Su-27M 709 that is only SuperFlanker :-)

Modern DSLRs have huge resolutions and pictures are always over 5 Mb, and when you seen on display it looks grainy, but when you crop it details looks sharp, that is because of resizing to fit window :woot.gif:

What a great selectionof photos gentlemen! Now can someone please school me on the seemingly endless versions of the Flanker? They have more changes than the F-16 and I thought that was hard to keep up with!!

Great photos, everyone, thanks for posting!

Seeing the T-50 there reminds me of when I went to see the F-22 at its first air show appearance at Edwards years ago. It was further along in its development though, so it was probably a shorter time between that and it entering service than it will be for the T-50. Still, looking forward to more T-50 flight and photos in the future.

Great photos, everyone, thanks for posting!

Seeing the T-50 there reminds me of when I went to see the F-22 at its first air show appearance at Edwards years ago. It was further along in its development though, so it was probably a shorter time between that and it entering service than it will be for the T-50. Still, looking forward to more T-50 flight and photos in the future.

What year was that? And was it F-22 or YF-22?