Etihad F1 A340-600 conversion +++FINISHED+++

Hi all, I've had this conversion set for a while now and I was going to start it next week but after seeing Mr Probert has gone and got the same kits I thought about starting today after work and I have done. I am not using the Virgin Atlantic decals on this build because I got myself the Gio decals Etihad formula 1 sheet. I have followed the paperwork as to where to cut the fuselage.

Braz conversion set

ba3b7a3f.jpg

Gio decals Etihad A340-600 sheet

c8ffc2f6.jpg

Fuselage all cut up ( will turn the pic round later lol )

b7659b6a.jpg

The fuselage all glued in place with the plug and tail cone

0d6c910c.jpg

Later tonight I will add the filler on the plug.

Edited by CUPRAR

Had the hump tonight big time, my 8 month old son pulled it of the table when he was in his high chair so I've had to redo the back end. It was total FCUKed!!!! I cut the back end of my old A330 instead cutting up another kit!

4e6c7c8e.jpg

In a while I will get the filler out and glue on the wings and tail and I hope to get this in primer tomorrow if the weather is ok

Size difference A340-600 and A330-300, the 300 is my Air Asia Raiders bird. Been busy sanding, filling, sanding ect so tomorrow I'll give her another sand and stick the tail on then get her in primer.

56c3b7d1.jpg

Started to get it in primer but it P+*=SS DOWN so I got the joins in primer. Then see loads of little indents so out came the filler again. The tail is on and filler stuck to that.

11b5dd78.jpg

2b7b1edd.jpg

daea712d.jpg

ca0fe534.jpg

1b8cca69.jpg

She has had 2 coats of primer this morning and I'll give her another 2 after Formula one and later tonight I'll give her a quick going over with some wet and dry ready for paint tomorrow

de532511.jpg

5ff46b86.jpg

Getting there at long last

Just an little update, I've got the appliance White on the nose earlyer so will get the silver base coat for the red on a bit later

cccddc8c.jpg

The fuselage just needs the candy apple red now and painting will be done

8e7a10b0.jpg

First cost of candy apple red

4bb6ef53.jpg

I've managed to get the fuselage all done today. Some tiny marks I have to sort and I now have to paint the check on the rear end because the decal is for a 300 tail and the 600 is a lot bigger :( so lots of masking it is and more White paint.

Well here she is

3bc7867b.jpg

• 1 month later...