Dragon 1:144 Maus

In between bigger 1:72 scale builds, I have started to dabble into Dragon's range of 1:144 scale microscale armour.

As the Maus never saw operational service, I can be as conjectural as I please in regards to finish and alternative history.

My take is for panzer grey and primer red splinter. This gives this massive tank an urban combat scheme, more in keeping with the desperate in-city fighting of the closing days of 1945/46, before the Germans pushed the Soviets out of Berlin with allied assistance.

The nearly completed base here depicts a rubble strewn factory complex, with only portions of concrete hard stand still visible, buried under tonnes of strewn rubble and debris. I intend to add some vegetation to add further interest.

dragon-maus-inprogress-01.jpg

The Maus itself is a nice neat and quick build. Dragon included PE parts, though I decided not to use them as I value my already tired eyes. As per usual, I used Vallejo acrylics for the disruptive scheme of panzer grey and primer red, with washes of Citadel Babab Black and Gryphon Sepia. As yet, no pigments have been applied at this stage as I intend to flat coat the Maus to tone done the paint and wash sheen.

The image below gives a sneak peek of what the Maus looks like on the base.

dragon-maus-inprogress-02.jpg

More images as I complete the build

Hope you all like my attempt at microscale modelling :)

I will certainly be looking at building some more subjects in this range and Zvezda's 1:100 scale.

I am calling this one done, though I might try and tone the decals down more. They are actually quite muted in "the plastic" though.

dragon-maus-finished-01.jpg

dragon-maus-finished-02.jpg

dragon-maus-finished-03.jpg

dragon-maus-finished-04.jpg

dragon-maus-finished-05.jpg

Comments as per usual, most welcome!