P-51 Mustang (1/48, Accurate Miniatures)

Hello everyone,

I'll jump in the wagon with the Accurate Miniatures kit. I have been away from modelling for some months now as I was getting married and moving my house. This will be a come-back build for me.

P-51A01.jpg

The Accurate Miniatures kit looks good at a first glance. To spice up things, I decided to use an Ultracast resin seat in the cockpit. The interiors were painted with Gunze's Zinc Chromate color.

P-51A02.jpg

P-51A03.jpg

I also plan to add Ultracast exhausts and early style smooth wheels. After I mask the canopy, I will be ready to spray primer and then get the paint booth going. Next week is an official holiday week in Turkey, maybe I can even get it done?

P-51A04.jpg

Edited by EmreEfli

Taking advantage of the holidays, I managed to get the painting done. Topside is Gunze Sangyo H-52 Olive Drab, while the undersurfaces are H-53 Neutral Gray. The yellow ID bands are slighlty crooked, I made a small (1.5mm) error, so they are not symmetrical. I think I'll leave it as it is.

P-51A05.jpg

P-51A06.jpg

P-51A07.jpg

Now onto gloss coat and the decals!

Thanks guys.

Holmes, I can't get credit for the seat or the seatbelts, all credit should be due to Ultracast for their superior product. (The only funny thing is I got this kit from a surplus discount sale and with the current $/Turkish Lira rate, the seat costs as much as I paid for the kit! :) )

I have made very small progress, but will probably get more done tomorrow. Will post an update when I get something done.