White appliance spray can in US

I get good results using "Krylon gloss protective enamel" in the 12 oz spray can. It goes on smooth, and dries fast. I did this Boeing E-4B using Krylon spray paint, with a gloss coat of Krylon clear:

DSC01619.jpg

Edited by Marv

Vivek,

The best I have found and use all the time is Tamiya TS-26 Pure White in the spray can. This stuff is idiot proof! It has a leveling agent in it, so it comes out like a glass marble.

This is a synthetic lacquer, as are most of your primers, so you want to stay with the same type of paints to avoid any problems down the line. TS-26 doesn't yellow with age. For smooth models (Minicraft) I spray right out of the can. For Revell types with a lot of surface detail, I will de-cant the paint and use my airbrush.

If you want the smoothest, whitest and easiest to use, you can't beat the TS-26.

Leave the Krylon for the patio lawn furniture!

Tim

Vivek,

...I will de-cant the paint and use my airbrush.

If you want the smoothest, whitest and easiest to use, you can't beat the TS-26.

Tim

Do you thin it with something to airbrush, or straight out of the can (minus the gas) and in to the airbrush. I bought 15 airlinerkits over the years and just 2 weeks ago found out how hard it is to paint white. And i am an idiot, so idiotproof is gooed :)

Just for clarification - Halfords paint in the UK (like all spray paint in the EU) is acrylic. AFAIK acrylics are not available in spray cans in the US. If they are, please let me know what brand and where you bought it. All the paint I can find in the US is volatile solvent based.

It can be used without thinning.

When it's hot out, I have been adding 10-15% of Mr. Color Leveling Thinner 400 to it sometimes. It has a retarder which slows the drying time so it will flow out and settle down.

To de-cant (removing the paint from the spray can) I spray into a large glass jar with a paper towel over the top. Spray it at an angle on the side of the jar. Hold the jar at a 45 degree angle.

With spraying out of the can, first "dust" a light coat on, wait about a minute and then add your next coats. Each one will be a little wetter than the next with no waiting in between.

Hope this helps.

Tim

I always use Citadel "Skull White".

Don't know about the US but over here in Europe they sell it at The Games Workshop.

Dries very matt but it's virtually indestructible and no sign of yellowing (so far).

Vivek,

The best I have found and use all the time is Tamiya TS-26 Pure White in the spray can. This stuff is idiot proof! It has a leveling agent in it, so it comes out like a glass marble.

This is a synthetic lacquer, as are most of your primers, so you want to stay with the same type of paints to avoid any problems down the line. TS-26 doesn't yellow with age. For smooth models (Minicraft) I spray right out of the can. For Revell types with a lot of surface detail, I will de-cant the paint and use my airbrush.

Tim

Using your logic, none of our Brit bretheren would use Halford's. Krylon is an excellent paint, that has many uses. I doubt that Tamiya would hold up in the elements, on the patio. Don't knock it, if you haven't tried it.

I have used for years an American made spray line called SPRUCE for years.

The gloss white doesnt yellow at all, I have models 10-15 years old that look OK.

Funny enough, its being substituted at the hardware stores here for cheaper acrylic brands (I live in Costa Rica), so now it's almost impossible to find.

If you can find it give it a shot.

Saludos,

Trident