Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I am a what if?er so the lack of schemes is no worry to me. You either lack imagination, or you lack observation:

f_22_top_154.jpg

The F-22 is not another boring gray jet scheme wise, or at least its not as boring as other grey schemes IMHO. If you took your time and did it right, you would have an amazing array of gray-silver panels and pieces that would be well worth a second or third look at the contest tables.

I am happy to say I have seen an F-22 demo and it was truly one of the most amazing things I have seen. seemingly impossible maneuvers. But to each his own.

Thank you so much for the price update! bought one myself thanks to this thread, still thought these things were 70 bucks at the cheapest. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

And while I love Hasegawa kits, the price point and ablative armor finish of their F-22 offering is a complete turn off.

It may be time for an avatar change as it would appear that my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

doc-holliday-val-kilmer.jpg

I found Hasegawa's Raptor kit for $36 last weekend in Virginia Beach. I've griped about the cheese grater panels in the past but a 1/48 Hasegawa kit at that price point? It's better than the $hitaleri kit and Academy's offering was $74 in the same store so I figured, "Eh, why not?"

• 4 weeks later...