Goodbye Old Friend~!

Howdy boys.

Long time no hear. Today is a sad day for me, for my "O'Reliable" has kicked the fuel tray (bucket).

The 1995 Mazda MPV was my first van I've ever driven in my life and it was very reliable to me when it comes to moving and vacationing.

Its prime moment was in 1998 when I took my family across two countries during Spring. My MPV drove all the way from the "Quake Zone" through the southern-most states to the east coast; passing Arkansas, Tennassee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York nonstop on the road; finally making a last stop at Buffalo, NY before crossing into Canada to Toronto where I was told (from my father) my life started there, and I made it there before Saturday (a'boot time eh). I've spent the weekend with my father's sister's family there and revisted the place of my arrival (hospital, the street of my first walk, the old neighborhood, etc.) which I clearly have no memory of them at all. I took off with my family again across Canada; through Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Aberta, and British Columbia (heavy snow-fall at that time; scared the hell out of me). After spending the last night of our trip we've made a final drive back from Vancouver, Canada to my home with (BEEP) hours of driving miles left before the next Sunday; the whole trip was completed in 2 weeks - and back when gas prices were VERY cheap!

2003 was the worst year and that was when my MPV started to age. I tried everything I could to keep it running but looking back at my bills it wasn't worth "sinking" more money into it.

It's last run was on August 15, 2011 and there was nothing I could do anymore ---- except taking a picture before saying,

"see ya later big guy .... it's been fun."

DSCN0781-1.jpg

I wish someone could make a scale model of this at least. Sorry to bore y'all but thanks for viewing.

Jack

Edited by Jack Bogart

Jack, it sounds like you got your money's worth out of that MPV ...

After a while, owning a vehicle that long, it starts to feel like one of the family ...

Gregg

PS, check and see if Tamiya happened to produce a model of it, it may have been made only available to the Japanese market ...

I feel your pain Jack. My 1995 Nissan pickup is about to kick it too. She's been a great truck and has bee through heck and back. She even survived a tropical storm with it half way underwater. I'm really gonna miss it when I have to get rid of it. Sooo many memories.

CIMG1548.jpg