I purchased 3 kits (2 Revell - spitfire $ me-109 and 1 Hasegawa zero)from oldmodelkits (alan bussie). The Revell kits were both missing parts, poorly packaged (boxes arrived crushed and torn). The Hasegawa kit was complete, however the packaging was poor and the model kit box arrived crushed. A couple of weeks later I contacted mr bussie and he stated that I was over the 7 day money back time limit and I could not get a refund. He was very short and arrogant about it...great business skills! If you deal with EBay at all he runs under at least one EBay ID: coffeecannut.

Edited by burned_by_bussie
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have bought kits 4 or 5 times from Alan, In each case I got exactly what I ordered. His service was prompt and his packaging was satisfactory. I approached him about buying some kits from me and he replied promptly with a polite e-mail declining the transaction and listing the reasons why. I am completely satisfied with Alan and oldmodelkits.com. Adios, Larry Schmidt, (The Artilleryman),:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK , I just joined this forum . I recently starting building models again after a 25 year break . I started buying kits at a local chain store then ordering from a online vendor . Then I saw an add in Fine Scale Modeling for Oldmodelkit.com . I was impressed with the site and placed an order for 4 kits . It was about $125.00 with shipping .

I was a little nervous as this company didn't take credit cards and I sent a money order . After I did I got a little nervous and starting researching (yeah I know dumb after the fact )and found this forum and read multiple negative reviews about oldmodelkits.com on here and another website for modeling .

Well I recieved my order today and felt I should come back and tell my story . I got exactly what I paid for and am happy with my order . I don't know exactly what happened to those who were not happy but I am . Just wanted to throw that out there for others who may consider using this company .

I don't mean to demean those who had a bad expeirence but felt I ought to let people know this guy does have some happy customers and I will order from him again in the near future .

OK , I just joined this forum . I recently starting building models again after a 25 year break . I started buying kits at a local chain store then ordering from a online vendor . Then I saw an add in Fine Scale Modeling for Oldmodelkit.com . I was impressed with the site and placed an order for 4 kits . It was about $125.00 with shipping .

I was a little nervous as this company didn't take credit cards and I sent a money order . After I did I got a little nervous and starting researching (yeah I know dumb after the fact )and found this forum and read multiple negative reviews about oldmodelkits.com on here and another website for modeling .

Well I recieved my order today and felt I should come back and tell my story . I got exactly what I paid for and am happy with my order . I don't know exactly what happened to those who were not happy but I am . Just wanted to throw that out there for others who may consider using this company .

I don't mean to demean those who had a bad expeirence but felt I ought to let people know this guy does have some happy customers and I will order from him again in the near future .

Alan uses PayPal...which processes credit cards. Anyway, yeah, it sounds like someone caught Alan on a bad day or something.

thanks

David

• 1 year later...

I dealt with Alan Bussie in the past. Bought several kits and all that stuff arrived in mint condition, packed all very well. I live in the Netherlands.

For me, I guess, damaged mail material is normally handled by the postman or post order company.

Some there have the <just don't give a damn> mentality and squeeze your mailitem thru in the letterbox.

Some boxes are made of hard material and some look like this. Alan Bussie is a very keen businessman, even when you cancel your order he still sends you a smooth polite email telling you Paypal me anytime.

One disadvantage of Oldmodelkits is the RippOff because lots of models are Way to expensive and can be a laugh!

Edited by cag_200
  • 5 months later...

I have bought kits 4 or 5 times from Alan, In each case I got exactly what I ordered. His service was prompt and his packaging was satisfactory. I approached him about buying some kits from me and he replied promptly with a polite e-mail declining the transaction and listing the reasons why. I am completely satisfied with Alan and oldmodelkits.com. Adios, Larry Schmidt, (The Artilleryman),:thumbsup:/>

I occasionally buy from OMK. For the most part, the prices there tend to be double what I would care to pay, but there are some deals to be had if you look around. The condition is usually better than what is described and I have no serious complaints about packaging or processing time.

• 10 years later...

Alan Bussie is a scam and rip off!!! I paid for 2 kits and did not receive anything!!! He "claimed" the items were sent. After asking him several times where he sent the items I received a reply. He did NOT send the items to the correct address!!! When ordering I filled in my FULL ADDRESS, sending email I used my FULL ADDRESS, several emails had my FULL ADDRESS!!! He decided to send it wherever!!!! He 'claimed' he did a USPS package tracking and trace. Then told me the package was delivered. Of course it was TO THE WRONG ADDRESS!!! DUH! He received the refund from the USPS and 'claimed' he sent me a check. I received NOTHING!!! He said I could check with the Post Office which probably has the check he mailed to me. Really?!?! What a complete A-HOLE!!!!!!

Do not get ripped off from this scammer!!!!

I will be reporting him for using the USPS for his fraud scheme. You can bet on it!!!!

After sending a money order to this scammer I received NOTHING!!! I emailed to find out what was going on since it was taking so long to get a package. He 'claimed' that it had been sent. After asking him several times what address he used he returned the WRONG ADDRESS!!! When I ordered I used my FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS!!! Email communications included my FULL ADDRESS, there was more than one before he claimed he sent the package. 

After enduring his endless foolishness AND stupidity he 'claimed' he filed a claim with the USPS. He received a refund and 'claimed' he he sent me a check. I received NOTHING!!! 

This A-HOLE is nothing but a SCAMMER!!! Do not trust this Rip off!!! 

After sending this scammer a m.o. for the required amount I received NOTHING!!! Contacting him he 'claimed' that he sent me a package and email. I received NOTHING!!!

He 'claimed' he sent me an email with the USPS tracking info. I received NOTHING! Instead of resending the email he only sent me the tracking information. He 'claimed' a lot of things but none of it was true.

I asked him several times for the address he sent the package to. He could have given me the information the first time I asked, he did not. Finally getting the info I found he sent it to the wrong address!!! What an imbecile!!! When I ordered I used my FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS!!! When I emailed with questions I used my FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS!!! Each email had my FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS!!! He used the WRONG ADDRESS!!! What a moron!!! When I mailed the money order it had my FULL AND CORRECT ADDRESS!!! How could this IDIOT get the wrong address?!?!?!

SCAMMER!!! SCAMMER!!! SCAMMER!!!

He received a refund for my package and 'claimed' he sent me a check. After 4months I have received NOTHING!!! He told me to check with the USPS since they probably had my check. If he sent me a check why would the USPS have it? I receive mail every day why would they not deliver it to me?

Warning: avoid this guy like the plague!!!

SCAMMER!!! SCAMMER!!! SCAMMER!!!

• 1 month later...

I bought a very expensive kit from him that had multiple subjects.

Paid very big money ($500) for it. It had several replica (resin) parts, which I knew about.

A short time later, he listed a very incomplete parts kit. I asked if he would trade my resin pieces for real pieces. I offered to buy them for a fair price. It really would not harm the value if what he was selling because it was so incomplete.

Long story short, no. Check no.

He did offer to buy back the one he sold me a few months before for half if what I paid for it.

Really, half? He came across like he would be doing me a favor. 

Most people selling esoteric stuff do it because they like the hobby, but some are just in it for the money and will do whatever they can get away with.

He struck me as the latter.

He didn't scam me, but he did try to take advantage of me, and he sure didn't go out of his way to work with me or make me a satisfied customer...even after spending that kind of money with him. If he treats someone who spent that kind of money that way, I'd hate to be a "little guy".

I guess it is my own fault for buying such an expensive piece from him, but something that rare, your options are limited.

He didn't leave me with a good impression of his business practices.

Money seems to come first...customer service or working with a customer...not so much.

I'm not impressed.

So beware.

Edited by JohnEB
Add something, vent.