1/35th ROKAF Blackhawk Set

The FLIR doesn't seem to be the same type that the MH-60's use. Not sure about those external pylon support either. They did mention that this is the first in a series of Blackhawk upgrades from Wolfpack, so maybe we will still get lucky. These guys are supposed to do high quality work, look forward to seeing what they will do next.

According to the article on Aeroscale:

"This is the first 1/35 conversion set by Wolfpack and according to their website there will be future sets planned including:

-UH-60 Gull-wing type wing conversion set.

-HH-60P Black Hawk 'Medevac' conversion set.

-HH-60G PaveHawk update set.

-UH-60J Black Hawk JASDF converion set.

All will be for the Academy Blackhawk kit"

Looks like there are parts in there that can be used on a Night Stalker Blackhawk. I'm just saying.

Now why has he brought up that topic?

:monkeydance: :lol:

Unfortunately I don't think they are the right kind of pylon for a Night Stalker bird. ROKAF birds use the upward 'gull-wing' type pylons. Those latest pics of the Night Stalker birds have pylons facing down, sure would be nice to see some of those though!

I am interested in the mention of a HH-60G update, hopefully its along the lines of the new lump/bumps/antennas and external mods added in recent years! Would make life a lil bit easier and may get me going again :whistle:

Tom

Unfortunately I don't think they are the right kind of pylon for a Night Stalker bird. ROKAF birds use the upward 'gull-wing' type pylons. Those latest pics of the Night Stalker birds have pylons facing down, sure would be nice to see some of those though!

Check out these links. http://nightstalkers.americanspecialops.com/helicopters/mh-60.php

http://www.americanspecialops.com/photos/night-stalkers/mh-60-fuel-tanks.php

I'm just saying.

Floyd

I personally would not rely on those pictures shown in the links to be very accurate. After about 1998 the gull wing application on the MH-60K was discontinued. The photos in the link show an MH-60K test aircraft still painted in the CARC green. Nothing of the MH-60Ks painted black all the way up through 2010 shows any type of ESS application, let alone the gull wing, being used.

I have seen recent IDF and ROK birds using the gull wings....

Chris M

Edited by Chief Snake