I need to shake this ring rust off...

The Academy CF-18 (F-18) kit in 1:72 would make a great ‘getting back into it’ kit. It’s very well engineered, not a lot of parts, and finishes up great. Probably one of the nicer 1:72 kits on the market (this coming from a 1:32 guy).

I've been in a pretty similar position for about the last year or so. I worked on a top fuel dragster model last year that I decided to push the limits of my abilities, and unfortunately I fell short of what I was wanting. B/c of the outcome and the amount of work it took to get it finished, it really sucked the enjoyment out of it, and by the time I finished the engine, I just had no mojo to build anything at all. The model is still sitting here on my desk, and I stare at it every day, and just haven't gotten any farther with it.

A couple months ago, I started working on a 1/6 MG-42 kit, and it was completely different from anything I've ever done, and its a fairly simple kit that I'm building OOB, and it's seemed to at least partially kick start my building mojo again. I've actually spent most of today working on a couple different builds, so I'd definitely suggest picking a nice easy kit, possibly something different from what you've done before, to give you a different feel, and then go from there.

• 1 month later...

Ring Rust..... Can't you get a cream for that......or is that something else?.....

Haha...sorry, never saw this comment till noe, but it's worth answering. "Ring rust" is a term used by boxers when they haven't fought in a long while, hence their skills getting rusty. And since they fight in the ring...it's called "ring rust." Couldn't find a better term to describe my feeling right now with building so I figured that was the closest expression. I think what you're thinking of is ring worm...a kind of fungus that...well...needs cream :P