Replacement parts from Revell Germany?

I bought the RoG Eurofighter Typhoon twin seater a few years ago and unfortunately I totally destroyed the canopy part... now I am thinking about asking Revell for a replacement part, but I'm not really sure if it's worth it. It would probably take some time for them to send the replacement (if they agree to send it at all), and the part + shipping might even cost me more then a brand new Typhoon kit. Does anyone have experience with ordering replacements from them?

I needed decals for my revell MiG-31, because i screwed them up. I sent them email, and didn't get an answer. However, two weeks later i got envelope from them. They included two decal sheets, and those are large. :) They never asked for money or anything. So i would ask them, nothing to loose.

wow You told them you screwed up the decals and they send you two sets for free? That's what I call customer service, haha!

Did you also send them the required papers listed in the instructions? (proof of purchase, bar code from the box and the instruction sheet)

Did you also send them the required papers listed in the instructions? (proof of purchase, bar code from the box and the instruction sheet)

I just use the contact form on their web site. Worked for me every time.

RoG's costumer service is indeed among the best in the business.

HTH,

Andre

The only issue? They rarely give correspondence back, and it takes a few weeks for anything to show up. Other than that? EXCELLENT service.

Just what I was thinking. If you are in North America you can just click on Defective or Missing Parts at the bottom of the link below.

http://www.revell.com/support/index.html

No cost for part or shipping.

Edited by Spectre711

I think it's obvious why shipping from Germany to the USA takes more time. They send stuff in packages for more people at the same time, not individually (to reduce shipping fee). Revell USA then distributes those packages within the US.

Thankfully, I'm not from North America and I didn't order through Revell USA so it shouldn't take 3-4 months for the part to arrive.

Question is, do Revell of Germany send to people in the states or do we have to go through Revell USA's customer service since they are the importer? I tried getting a sheet for the RoG 1/72 shuttle kit through the link and the response I got was "nope, we can't send one to you".

Edited by Jay Chladek

The only issue? They rarely give correspondence back, and it takes a few weeks for anything to show up. Other than that? EXCELLENT service.

They don't give correspondence back? Curious, I sent them an email 8 hrs ago and just got a reply from the mysterious "Department X". :D

I think I'm going to get that canopy after all...

I broke a landing gear of the 72 bearcat which was a USA kit but now is re-boxed and sold through RoG. I used the order for in the link provided and have not heard a thing from Revell and it has been over two weeks. Don't know if I'm going to get it or when.

I broke a landing gear of the 72 bearcat which was a USA kit but now is re-boxed and sold through RoG. I used the order for in the link provided and have not heard a thing from Revell and it has been over two weeks. Don't know if I'm going to get it or when.

Well, the webpage does say RoG parts may take up to 12 weeks to arrive in the US...

Yes. I suggest 'The significant owl hoots in the night'.

;)

Cheers,

Andre

How about "the queasy crow flies at midnight"? :D

Well, the webpage does say RoG parts may take up to 12 weeks to arrive in the US...

Yea, but it was an original USA kit with a 1967 & 1979 copyright date on it and not the re-boxed for RoG. Sure hope they have a left landing strut hangin around.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 2 weeks later...

Today, I received a letter from Revell Germany with the replacement part. I was quite suprised, it didn't take them too long. Except when I opened it, I realized they didn't send me what I wanted... lol. I ordered a new canopy for the 72nd twin seater Eurofighter and I got... well, I'm not even sure what it is. I don't think it's from a Eurofighter kit actually, heh.

My email to them was very detailed on what I need, I'm quite intrigued they messed up like this. Oh well... at least it was free.

Edited by drake122