New forum...need some feedback

Greetings everyone.

I'm going to be setting up the new Automotive forums this week but I first want to get some feedback on what you want as sub forums.

For instance.....I'm guessing a Motor bike forum and a separate truck forum is a good diea.

Do you want a race car forum or maybe separate race car forums......such as Nascar, Open Wheel (for F1-Indy type cars) and maybe a Rally car forum?.

Then we could have a Street car and Rod forum or?????

I've not visited other car froums...so I'm flying blind here......I do want a separate motor bike forum and I think a separate Turck of big rig forum would be a good idea and motor bikes and big rigs are very different from Cars. We could call the Big Rig forum the Truck Forum....but this could confused guys that are building a pick-up truck.

Remember....this is not just for American cars.....so the sub forums should be useful for any type of car, truck or motor bike on the planet....so I don't want 10 different sub forums catering to the different types of race car clases in the US...such as NASCAR, INDY Car, IMSA, IROC, Monster Truck, Truck racing, Drag racing etc etc etc. Also the open wheeled sub forum should also include 1908 cars that raced at Brooklands raceway and old stuff like that.....so an "Indy Car/F1" forum might be too specific.

There will be an ARC auto website coming.....so there will also be sub froums catering to feedback on articles posted on that website.

I also thinks separate tools and tips Auto sub forum is also a good idea.....but I'm open to your opinions about this.

Anyweay...give me some feedback or how you want "your" ARC Auto forums to be structured.

While I have not done a bike in a VERY long time, why not have:

Truck

Motorbike

Car- competition (F1, Nascar, WRC, Targa rally etc)

Car- 'standard'? home owners, Porsche, Mazda, VW etc

Car- hotrods.. etc

Hmm. You deleted the other thread. :D

Thanks for your feedback......I do like your input and I'll let others wade in before I do anything.

Hmm. You deleted the other thread. :D

Sorry I goofed and posted this thread in the new armor forum.....so I moved it to the automotive forum. Sorry...sounds like you got caught by that. Sorry my mistake. :doh:

hey.. it is (dayligt?) where you are.. I forgive you.. PC guys work best at night.. early hours of the morning I figure.. :D

btw.. I don't know how you do it.. phew

Nah...it's 1:20AM here......I'm going to work on the forum most of the night. :woot.gif:

Hi Steve,

Just one small thing re the forum title.

You've got all of the right letters, just not necessarily in the right order :whistle:

(Automotive...not Automotvie ;) )

Now get some sleep :lol:

HTH

Thanks geedubelyer....yup I was getting pretty tired by that point. :rofl:

Yup this will be my mainstay forum from now on. I agree with above to have a Bike, Truck, Racing, Street, and Custom subforums. That should cover all bases. Concepts can go in custom and dioramas would go with whatever section they apply.

Now how bout that Race Car GB I pmed you about!!

(I know you're busy no rush just excited)

Yup this will be my mainstay forum from now on. I agree with above to have a Bike, Truck, Racing, Street, and Custom subforums. That should cover all bases. Concepts can go in custom and dioramas would go with whatever section they apply.

Now how bout that Race Car GB I pmed you about!!

(I know you're busy no rush just excited)

I will do a Race Car GB

Yuo're welcome guys.....I must admit I'm acar guy so I have a big interest in car and motorbike modeling.

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from more of you with your opinions or ideas. I want to make sure I get this set up just the way you like it.

The new ARC auto site is also comign....but I need to restructure / rebuild the ARC Air archiving system completely before I can launch ARC Auto and ARC Armor but I hope to have it all done this fall.

Personally I wouldn't get too far into subcategories, just a few broad ones. I've belonged to several automotive model site and have found cars tend to not to fit into nice neat cubbyholes.

Trucks can fall into almost all the same categories as cars, they get raced (dirt, drag, circle tracks etc), they get customized (low riders, customs, hotrods, monster trucks etc).

Rather than a seperate area for trucks I'd look at a Commercial vehicle section. That would cover the working big rigs and smaller working vehicles (taxi's, pizza delivery, ambulances etc). Then let other trucks fall in with like minded cars.

If it was up to me, I'd probably go with something like

Stock - Mostly as they come from the dealer, Econoboxes to Luxury cars.

Performance - Muscle cars, sports cars etc, fast street legal cars. This could include barely street legal modified cars as well, Tuners, Gassers, Hotrods etc.

Race - Race cars of all types, straight line, circle track, rally etc. Street legal race on the weekend types to track only super cars.

Custom / Show - They may be fast, but they are designed more for show, style over performance. Low riders, rat rods, lead sleds etc.

Commercial - Working vehicles, semis, delivery trucks, police cars etc.

Motorcycles - While they share many styles with cars and trucks they really are kind of their own thing.

Weirdness - Stuff that really doesn't fit elsewhere, End of the world Madmax cars, Oscar Meyer Weinermobiles etc.

Steve,

Wow, a car forum....Way Cool!

This is my first posting on ARC in ages because I've taken a break for building aircraft to build some cars...

Have you hit some other car forums yet to get some ideas?

If not, try www.modelcarsmag.com

I'm a member of that one, and its real cool

Cheers, Ian

• 1 year later...