1/32 Scale Fw 190 Landing Gear: G-Factor Versus SAC

Hi guys

I am searching for aftermarket main landing gear legs for the Hasegawa 1/32 scale series of Fw 190 kits and have come up with two contenders. The first is the G-Factor set which is cast in brass and which by all accounts is very good indeed and has enthusiastic endorsements. However, it appears to me that the oleos are depicted in the extended position which would not be correct for an aircraft on the ground.

bf74c.jpg

The second is the Scale Aircraft Conversions set which is cast in white metal. I have read that these often are merely duplicates of the kit supplied parts and that furthermore the sharpness of the detail is not equal to their plastic counterparts.

d4526.jpg

I am looking to replace the kit supplied parts not because anything is wrong with them but mainly for reasons of strength due to quite an amount of resin aftermarket sets involved. My opinion is that the G-Factor set is superior but I have doubts about the oleos not being correct for an aircraft on the ground. Any advice would be welcome.

Horrido!

Leo

Edited by Leo Etgen

Leo,

I really can't find a whole lot wrong with the kit landing great struts on the 1/32 Hasegawa 190's. Unless you're planning on throwing every piece of resin you can find at the thing I can think of better ways to blow $15-$20. Just my $.02!

Hi guys

Many thanks for your comments. With that I think that the best option is to remain with the kit supplied parts if no trouble due to increasing weight appear. I have read that the kit supplied parts are the exact length and the oleos are compressed as they should be so there never was any reason to change these parts except for weight related concerns. If any trouble should arise then I think that the Scale Aircraft Conversions set would be the best option due to their more accurate stance. Many thanks for your advice and comments.

Horrido!

Leo

Hi richter111

Many thanks for the alert. As soon as I saw your post I went and changed the links to another image hosting service. I just hope that this one does not have trouble with X-rated pop-up ads. I never had experienced that sort of thing with ImageVenue before but now while researching online it appears that this is quite common with image hosting sites. I just wish they would alert their potential users beforehand to expect this so you can decide to use their service or not.

Horrido!

Leo