Has anyone used AFV Club tracks?

The title says it. Has anyone ever used AFV Club tracks?

I'm currently working on a Dragon M-46 Patton, and I seem to have misplaced a couple of track links, and it means that I am now unable to complete the tracks for my build, so now I'm at a complete stand still.

I had looked to see if maybe Fruilmodel had M-46 tracks, but I cant find any, but did find that AFV Club has tracks for it. But I've never used any AFV Club tracks, and was hoping to get some input before I make a decision on what to do. I figure I can either get the AFV Club tracks, or see if I could order a replacement sprue from Dragon/DML to get some more links to finish my build.

*edit*

Well, I managed to get lucky, and I found the 2 missing links that I needed, to finish the second run of links. But I guess I'll still ask if anyone has used the AFV Club links. Still wondering if maybe I'll go back and replace the kit links for something that might look a little bit better. The kit links seem to almost be just slightly too long and seem to introduce a little too much slack.

Edited by Adam Baker

The AFV Club T80E1 (steel chevron) and T84E1 (rubber chevron) tracks are a bear to work with. Each track is made up of 4 small pieces and they are very delicate. I tried them and got so frustrated that I gave up on them and went with the Dragon one-piece links instead. They are much easier to work with.

All of the other AFV Club tracks are great. Just the T80/T84 and T80E1/T84E1 sets suck. I would stay away from them if at all possible.

I have:

M10048.jpg

I even tortured myself further by using the duckbill extensions. Yes, they're fiddly but with any individual track link set I've used, I found a technique and a rhythm to it. They're alright. And a whole lot cheaper than Fruilmodel.

Ken

Edited by WymanV