VMFA(AW)-242 Font

so on the decal sheets, someone would have to create the letters/numbers individually?

Exactly. Usually a similar font is used as the base, and the characters are modified one by one. Imagine the fun when the text is in an unfamiliar script like Korean or Thai and does not look like any font you can find.

Exactly. Usually a similar font is used as the base, and the characters are modified one by one. Imagine the fun when the text is in an unfamiliar script like Korean or Thai and does not look like any font you can find.

Looks like they just modified the standard markings:

http://www.modelwereld.eu/catalog/images/medium/F.A-18D%20NIGHT%20ATTACK%201;48%20Hasegawa%20decals.jpg

You could maybe use the Hasegawa ones as a master.

ok, thanks for the info guys!

so on the decal sheets, someone would have to create the letters/numbers individually?

I do that about 99% of the time anyway. Modifying fonts usually takes me longer than just drawing the stuff from scratch. And if I do it myself, I *know* it's correct. :)

If you need those Hasegawa DT markings send me a PM.

I only intend to use some of the stencils anyway.

thanks for the offer! - but I have the Superscale sheet for the jet I linked to. I was thinking about doing a different billboard jet of theirs, where the lettering is all black, without the yellow shadows.