World Trade Center Tribute in Lights

I went in to photograph the Tribute in Lights for the 10 anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Tonight I was in Jersey City, across the Hudson River from lower Manhattan, and later traveled into Manhattan for some shots. We had low clouds tonight, but fortunately no rain while I was out.

1 - The new tower is the tall building on the far left, in red, white, and blue lights.

JM20110911TributeinLights001-L.jpg

JM20110911TributeinLights002-L.jpg

3 - The new tower as seen from Manhattan

JM20110911TributeinLights003-L.jpg

4 - The Tribute lights are actually two banks of spot lights on the roof of a parking garage several blocks south of the Trade Center site.

JM20110911TributeinLights004-L.jpg

5 - Memorial outside of FDNY "Ten House" which was directly across the street from the World Trade Center.

JM20110911TributeinLights005-L.jpg

6 - On the waterfront in Jersey City, this monument honors that city's residents who were lost in the Twin Towers.

JM20110911TributeinLights006-L.jpg

JM20110911TributeinLights007-L.jpg

Just to add a little something that I thought you all might like to see.

I was in europe on business last week and I had a small stop in Paris on my way back. These were taken on the night of Sept 10th on the monument that overlooks the Eiffel tower. I think they planned for a benefit concert for the 11th but I was on a plane back home at that time:

CIMG0430.jpg

CIMG0429.jpg

CIMG0433.jpg

My wife and I thought it was very nice of the French to do this.

Looking the other way is the tower at night:

CIMG0431.jpg

Wow. Some great pics of the 9/11 Tributes. I worked EMS at the Texans/Colts game yesturday. Here's a pic of the tribute before the game. They had Houston FD and PD unfurl the flag. When they got to the sidelines the players for both teams helped hold it. Very moving.

photo2.jpg

Thank you so much. Those of us that have not actually seen the site, are still shocked that it actually happened. Your pictures really do bring it to Florida!

As stunning as those pictures are, and they truly are, there's no substitute for being there. After moving away from the area in '89, my wife and I returned to the city three years ago and visited the site--words cannot describe the overwhelming sadness. We'll visit again at the end of this month.

If you ever get the opportunity to visit the site, please do.